Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
Pre-order D&D 2024 now and get an exclusive bonus, only on Roll20!
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] Version 8+

BP said: You need to use the  Shaped Companion script to auto-decrement uses. Hi :) thanks for getting back to me. I am using the script, it's up to date, and 'Automatically use ammo' is turned on. I've tried several ways - auto-populating weapons from the Compendium, adding them in myself, creating a new character sheet and trying it on that, tried with all four characters I'm attempting to use - but I always get the error on the API Output Console of "No ammo attribute found corresponding to name XX" (where XX is whatever ammo that weapon uses). Everything else decrements just fine - class and racial effects, hit dice, spell slots - but ammo isn't. It does do the maths in the chat window: " 10 to hit, range150/600 ft., 24 Arrows" (where the previous amount was 25, it's correctly decremented it to 24), but doesn't actually decrement the ammo count, meaning that every time I activate the attack it says 24 arrows left. I've googled that specific error message and gotten two threads on this forum, but both of them say they're resolved by updating the script. I manually added the script yesterday, as per the installation instructions, so I don't think it can be that. Thanks!
Steve C. said: BP said: You need to use the  Shaped Companion script to auto-decrement uses. Hi :) thanks for getting back to me. I am using the script, it's up to date, and 'Automatically use ammo' is turned on. I've tried several ways - auto-populating weapons from the Compendium, adding them in myself, creating a new character sheet and trying it on that, tried with all four characters I'm attempting to use - but I always get the error on the API Output Console of "No ammo attribute found corresponding to name XX" (where XX is whatever ammo that weapon uses). Everything else decrements just fine - class and racial effects, hit dice, spell slots - but ammo isn't. It does do the maths in the chat window: " 10 to hit, range150/600 ft., 24 Arrows" (where the previous amount was 25, it's correctly decremented it to 24), but doesn't actually decrement the ammo count, meaning that every time I activate the attack it says 24 arrows left. I've googled that specific error message and gotten two threads on this forum, but both of them say they're resolved by updating the script. I manually added the script yesterday, as per the installation instructions, so I don't think it can be that. Thanks! It has been my experience that in addition to the script version 11.3.1 the order ammo is listed here makes a difference Because I have Dagger listed before Longbow the Daggers ammo must occur before the Arrows ammo. Also that the following must be set
1503409775
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Order makes no difference. When an offense is setup to use ammo it simply searches the ammo area for something sharing the name and then stores that id. When that offense item is used it sends that id via chat which the script reads. On a new sheet I've never seen a longbow that generates arrows not work. If you're on the latest sheet and script I'd appreciate reproduction steps posted to the script issue tracker.
Hey everyone, I went looking for an equipment_macro_var to make equipment pop in chat as a list. It's not there, so is it safe to assume you can't send anything from equipment to the Chat?
KiltedVaper said: Hey everyone, I went looking for an equipment_macro_var to make equipment pop in chat as a list. It's not there, so is it safe to assume you can't send anything from equipment to the Chat? You can send individual equipment items to chat by clicking on them, but there is no macro to print out everything. Just make sure you're out of Edit Mode (the pencil) in order to click on an equipment item
1503579092

Edited 1503579117
techiecarer said: KiltedVaper said: Hey everyone, I went looking for an equipment_macro_var to make equipment pop in chat as a list. It's not there, so is it safe to assume you can't send anything from equipment to the Chat? You can send individual equipment items to chat by clicking on them, but there is no macro to print out everything. Just make sure you're out of Edit Mode (the pencil) in order to click on an equipment item Thanks Techiecarer, That's kinda what we've been stuck with at the moment. It's not a big inconvenience, the reason why I'm asking is because we are running a west marches style campaign with 4 Dm's and about 25 players. We experience a fair amount of lag do to the volume of area maps and handout that has been created. We went through and cleaned up all the tokens and blood off any map not in use and have transmoged a lot of content to a copy of the game. In the end, the goal is to keep folks from having to open their sheet at all during play. We have macros setup for everything except equipment, but I welcome any general advice anyone might have on keeping a large game running smoothly.
1503579153
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Equipment isn't setup to have the same kind of chat macro as offense. If you would like that feel free to add it as a suggestion on my issue tracker.
I've had the same problem as Steve C. and its been like that ever since I first started using Shaped, which was around 8.0 for me. Ammo and spell slots are not used, despite checking off in settings, using api additions, making a totally new game and character.... nope. Never ever works. And its obviously just me because other people seem to use it just fine and I've never been able to figure out why.
Not sure if related- but are the shaped police use police on strike? Have not seen the message recently even when I knew the trait was out of uses.
1503750134
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This thread is for the sheet. If you're having issues with the script please see that thread or the script's issue tracker.
I think this is a sheet rather than a script question but if I'm wrong, let me know so I can ask in the right place.... I have a number of creatures with powers that have "daily limits". Any spellcasting monster, for example. I'm trying to add about a dozen Mezzoloths. Will their spells per day be "policed" as one if set up as mooks? Do I need to make separate characters for each?
1503867483
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Anything automated is script. If you want to have mooks have their uses tracked separately then you'd need to make multiple sheets. I haven't found the need yet - just keep track of uses yourself in those cases.
Arthur B. said: This is what happened when I changed the Spellcaster field for a Sorcerer (the part that says Full, Half, Third, etc) I was having this exact same issue on my desktop. I updated shaped and disabled all extensions on chrome, but it didn't work. I tried fixing the issue on firefox, but it didn't work either. Finally, I was able to solve the issue by accessing roll20 via my laptop. So, unfortunately, I have no idea what caused the issue, but if you have access to another PC that is an option.
Arthur B. said: keithcurtis said: I hear ya, but I'd at least try another borwser, just to rule out Chrome. Just tried FireFox, and same issue. Brand new browser, no extensions, brand new game, no API's, no nothing. I add the class, then change the level; I get an extra class (or more) added.I add the Spellcasting; I get an extra class (or more) added. This is very frustrating, I can play with it when it's a character that is higher than 1st level, but if it's just a first level character; they get treated as a 2nd level for the rest of the page. I am having the exact same issue, with both Chrome and Firefox. 
1504125045
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you are experiencing an issue please use the issue tracker.
1504130647
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Small release to address the critical issue: 15.5.0 Features #578: Provide skill totals will now make the total of each skill available for other resources like scripts. The attribute will be named as the skill is, so Perception , Athletics , etc. It will be the total modifier (without any + or - sign). Bug Fixes #579: Multiple erroring classes are added and cannot be deleted . It should automatically populate spellcasting now as well. I remember reading something about a change to repeating sections from roll20. Perhaps that was the cause of this as this area hasn't been touched in a while - hard to say. It looks like most everyone encountering it is a Pro user so that should help you guys fix it quickly. I'll try to put out a release next week for non Pro users.
How do I apply the 15.5 update to my game. I am having the #579 bug and can't find a way to resolve it. is the release not out yet?
XI said: How do I apply the 15.5 update to my game. I am having the #579 bug and can't find a way to resolve it. is the release not out yet? You need to be a Pro user to manually add the character sheet.
Is the same companion script compatible with the new update?
1504160186
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Unless otherwise stated the latest script will always work with the latest sheet since I maintain both now.
So when does it update or am I going to have to manually add this in?
I have two accounts this one and one that is a pro account. And the sheet in the given game is still version 15.4( when I posted 6 hours ago) I tried creating a new game with the pro account as well to see if that would use the 15.5 sheet but that used the 15.4 sheet as well. The bug #579 bug still persists for the pro account as well as this account. i am on my phone ATM but I can provide pictures when I get home in 7 hours
1504168625

Edited 1504168639
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
XI said: I have two accounts this one and one that is a pro account. And the sheet in the given game is still version 15.4( when I posted 6 hours ago) I tried creating a new game with the pro account as well to see if that would use the 15.5 sheet but that used the 15.4 sheet as well. The bug #579 bug still persists for the pro account as well as this account. i am on my phone ATM but I can provide pictures when I get home in 7 hours You need to add it as a custom sheet (instructions in the first post) to get 15.5 now. If you just select it from the list, you'll get 15.4 like everyone else until 15.5 goes live on Roll20.
Will it keep the information in the current sheet?
1504169146
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
XI said: Will it keep the information in the current sheet? Yes.
Thanks you guys are the best 
Joshua said: Arthur B. said: This is what happened when I changed the Spellcaster field for a Sorcerer (the part that says Full, Half, Third, etc) I was having this exact same issue on my desktop. I updated shaped and disabled all extensions on chrome, but it didn't work. I tried fixing the issue on firefox, but it didn't work either. Finally, I was able to solve the issue by accessing roll20 via my laptop. So, unfortunately, I have no idea what caused the issue, but if you have access to another PC that is an option. I am having a very similar problem to the one Arthur B. had. Instead of sorcerer I am having trouble with wizard. One of the characters in my campaign is a wizard, and when i went to set up the multi-class the red boxes popped up.I have tried all the options giving by Joshua, except using another PC, none of the options that i tried worked. Sadly i don't have access to another PC, but i do have a tablet with the app on it. Would that work? Also, when will 15.50 come out,  how do i make a custom sheet so i can use 15.50, and will it fix my problem?
1504203684

Edited 1504203770
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kryx said: The issue captured on my tracker if you want to read more: #579: Multiple erroring classes are added and cannot be deleted . It looks like Roll20 made a change to repeating sections which caused this bug. For Pro users you can upgrade now . For non-Pro users you'll have to wait until next week. There is nothing I can do to speed up that process.
I posted this on the Companion Script thread, but maybe should have posted it here.  The link in the OP to the Companion Script does not lead to the most recent version of the script.
1504207179
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Gozer the Gozerian said: The link in the OP to the Companion Script does not lead to the most recent version of the script. fixed.
I got all excited that you fixed the bug I had, but now I'm getting this error: "5eShapedScript 1504207529151 ERROR : Couldn't find Shaped Character Sheet. This Shaped Script requires the Shaped Character Sheet to be installed in the campaign." As well as the version checker ingame saying basically the same. I followed the steps as I should, and as I did before (when the sheet worked, though that bug started a few days ago). I put the html css and translate things in and redid the script. Am I missing anything or is this something I should put on the issue tracker as some kinda bug?
1504207982
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
For script issues please ensure you have the latest sript (from my github, not Lucian's) and post on the script thread.
Never mind, it appears the links in the first post aren't updated and that's why it was going wrong or something. Either way, fixed now, thanks a lot for your updating speed, you're the bestest man seriously. 
lance k. said: Joshua said: Arthur B. said: This is what happened when I changed the Spellcaster field for a Sorcerer (the part that says Full, Half, Third, etc) I was having this exact same issue on my desktop. I updated shaped and disabled all extensions on chrome, but it didn't work. I tried fixing the issue on firefox, but it didn't work either. Finally, I was able to solve the issue by accessing roll20 via my laptop. So, unfortunately, I have no idea what caused the issue, but if you have access to another PC that is an option. I am having a very similar problem to the one Arthur B. had. Instead of sorcerer I am having trouble with wizard. One of the characters in my campaign is a wizard, and when i went to set up the multi-class the red boxes popped up.I have tried all the options giving by Joshua, except using another PC, none of the options that i tried worked. Sadly i don't have access to another PC, but i do have a tablet with the app on it. Would that work? Also, when will 15.50 come out,  how do i make a custom sheet so i can use 15.50, and will it fix my problem? See what I started Kryx??? They always said I was a problem child.
I want to suggest letting us add commands on the crit range section of a weapon for example 19cf<3 to add a crit fail range. because as of now the crit range only accept numbers.
1504306045
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
As mentioned in PMs please use the issue tracker for suggestions. Only issues and suggestions there will be addressed.
1504355157
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
For those that keep opening issues about the class issue:  Please check recently closed issues when opening a new issue. You're wasting your time and mine by not doing so. I work on this sheet and provide support for it entirely in my free time and without any compensation besides the minimal amount from patreon supporters (thanks guys). Please don't take my time for granted. Put in a little effort to check current issues and read recent posts in this thread.
You should put that message on the sheet, Kryx. I think many users do not use the forum. When they have a problem is the first time they use the forum, so they are not familiar with the common questions/problems, or even to read through recent posts.
1504367877

Edited 1504367907
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The sheet cannot be updated except every week. If I could add that message then the issue would be already resolved. :) I will change the link to show all issues in the next version, not just the open issues though.
Yes, clearly it would not help for this issue. I meant for any and all future issues/suggestions.
1504428985
Zym
Sheet Author
Arthur B. said: lance k. said: Joshua said: Arthur B. said: This is what happened when I changed the Spellcaster field for a Sorcerer (the part that says Full, Half, Third, etc) I was having this exact same issue on my desktop. I updated shaped and disabled all extensions on chrome, but it didn't work. I tried fixing the issue on firefox, but it didn't work either. Finally, I was able to solve the issue by accessing roll20 via my laptop. So, unfortunately, I have no idea what caused the issue, but if you have access to another PC that is an option. I am having a very similar problem to the one Arthur B. had. Instead of sorcerer I am having trouble with wizard. One of the characters in my campaign is a wizard, and when i went to set up the multi-class the red boxes popped up.I have tried all the options giving by Joshua, except using another PC, none of the options that i tried worked. Sadly i don't have access to another PC, but i do have a tablet with the app on it. Would that work? Also, when will 15.50 come out,  how do i make a custom sheet so i can use 15.50, and will it fix my problem? See what I started Kryx??? They always said I was a problem child. The same thing happened in one of my games too. It happened when a player imported one of their characters. I basically spam clicked to delete the red boxes. It still had the error, but less obvious.
Getting the same issue. Doesn't seem class specific, but it's reproduceable with Monk. Any update on a fix?
Stephen R. said: Getting the same issue. Doesn't seem class specific, but it's reproduceable with Monk. Any update on a fix? Kryx said: The issue captured on my tracker if you want to read more: #579: Multiple erroring classes are added and cannot be deleted . It looks like Roll20 made a change to repeating sections which caused this bug. For Pro users you can upgrade now . For non-Pro users you'll have to wait until next week. There is nothing I can do to speed up that process.
1504504709

Edited 1504505215
This happened to me last night when my party and I found out we could level up. Its stating that i'm level 16 when in 8 and i know it is getting worked on and a fix will be out in a few days but i have to ask, when the patch comes out will it fix the issue of it saying I have class features I don't/ should not have yet ( would get them later like rogues evasion pops up but i just multiclassed into rogue so i should not have it yet)
1504522367

Edited 1504522434
I had player level up and bug happened.  He had tried to delete extra classes.  I noticed in attributes (I believe one called level) started with 0 then 9 and followed by his actual class names and levels.  I deleted the 0 and 9.  (This will probably different for each person) Then I went through and fixed every attribute associated with proficiency.   I might fixed some other attributes also, I just remember looking at each one to see if it looked correct.  Then I went to the sheet in the settings and clicked toggle for proficiency die option on then off.  After that the sheet was correct at his new level.
1504563277

Edited 1504563314
It seems a new problem has arisen, when trying to change an ability score, the sheet doesn't update and then after a little while the entire page crashes.  Seems to happen both through adding an ability score change through a modifier as well as editing the ability score itself.  This was working fine after the fix went through for #579, until today.  So I'm wondering if Roll20 changed something again without notification.
1504563749
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Issue tracker Please test it on a new character on 15.5.0 before reporting an issue.