Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Trackerjacker + Attribute Altering

Garrett K.
Marketplace Creator
I am using TJ to track turns and conditions. I am using ChatSetAttrib to effect stats/attributes with said conditions. As it stands, I have to apply the status with TJ, then apply it with ChatSet. TJ shows me when it expires, then I have to manually clear it with ChatSet. Ideally, I would like to somehow rig it so that TJ's conditions apply the Attiribute change, then clear it when the status expires. If I could somehow tie attribute changes to take place via the placement of a status marker, then that'd solve the problem.. But I haven't seen an API that does that yet (If status marker: Then adjust X attribute by Y, else do nothing). Anyone try anything like this and get any results?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I feel like I saw a post half a year ago or so about someone modifying TrackerJacker to set statusmarkers and clear them.  The code could certainly be added if you're a little savvy with the API.  I could probably point you in the right direction.
Garrett K.
Marketplace Creator
I need to sit down, take the time, and actually learn about API scripting. I know literally nothing about it aside from Ctrl+F and switch-aroo-ing a tag here and there. This might be a decent project to start with, Though, trackerjacker will set a statusmarker, and it clears it when it's done. It's getting anything else to happen as a result that's the trick right now. I started fiddling with Customizable Roll Listener, and seeing if I can get that to see the message TrackerJacker generates when a condition expires. If it can, and then produces text, I can try to get it to produce the text to clear for !Condition api. Whew, this is gonna give me a nose bleed.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Feel free to ask us anything, we love helping!
Chris D.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
About 6 weeks ago I started a thread asking for feedback on something similar to this.&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4320129/which-of" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4320129/which-of</a>... Unfortunatly I have done very little about it since. With luck I should have something done in a month or two.&nbsp;
Garrett K.
Marketplace Creator
Chris D. said: About 6 weeks ago I started a thread asking for feedback on something similar to this.&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4320129/which-of" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4320129/which-of</a>... Unfortunatly I have done very little about it since. With luck I should have something done in a month or two.&nbsp; Heeeeeeeeeeeey! If you need someone to test and poke at your code let me know! My players are essentially constant guinnie pigs
Garrett K.
Marketplace Creator
The Aaron said: Feel free to ask us anything, we love helping! To go back a step, the solution I currently have... Is that I placed action buttons containing the macros for !Condition, within the "Message" of TrackerJacker. Each message includes an ON and OFF button, which will apply or remove the condition using !Condition. It functions 90% of the time, until I want to edit the message... Theeeeeennnn it's only a problem, if it's a TJ Favorite condition (which, come on, I know it specifically says not to favorite every single condition, but really, what do you expect of us?) which they all are... BUT! It works. So, that's what I've got going :) A direction I considered after running this... juryrig-fix, was that if the code for TJ could be edited to contain the same functionality as Condition, then the buttons to control those functions could be built into the TJ control panel, solving the one issue I confront.
Chris D.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Garrett K. said: A direction I considered after running this... juryrig-fix, was that if the code for TJ could be edited to contain the same functionality as Condition, then the buttons to control those functions could be built into the TJ control panel, solving the one issue I confront. Yep, that is pretty much my goal, mashing up something that has the functionality of TJ and !Condition, but with a focus on token level rather than character journal level attributes.&nbsp; I just need to stop procrastinating and sit down and do it.&nbsp;
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Chris D. said: I just need to stop procrastinating and sit down and do it.&nbsp; Story of my life!