Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Thinking] The GM layer

Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The "show labels" does nothing for "squares" but easy to add..... Once you have those it would be easy to add text box centered on that square (or H/V hex.) !label A2 {{content: secretdoor in the floor; font-size: 14px; color: #ff0000;}} Once you make it you can ALT move it and.... !edit label A2 {{color: #00ff00;}} Could even define a basic (its very limited) "CSS" for text boxes. !label CSS {{class: label-red; color: #00ff00;}}

Edited 1484221976
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
GM-Layer------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- GM-Layer------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [(1) text object] ``````````````````````(using speech bubble mon-space trick) [(2) contrasting color PNG box] ````````center and sized based on (1) [(3) contrasting color Roll20 line] ````Pointer line "A" end snapped to the center of (2) "B" end some distance away towards the middle of the map. (Script maintains z-order and size of (2) based on contents of (1) Note you can have and detect line breaks and you would know the font size) GM-Layer------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- GM-Layer------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Object-Layer--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Object-Layer--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [(4) small clear PNG control point] ````Snapped to "A" end of (3) [(5) small clear PNG control point] ````Snapped to "B" end of (3) Moving "A" triggers (1) and (2) to move and update postions/pointer line. Moving "B" triggers update to pointer line. Token Select of "A" and/or "B" with API command entry allows the changing of the text box content !GMlabel "New text here! \n New Line here!" Object-Layer--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Object-Layer---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 1484222052
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
(Red is GM layer... Blue is clear conrol PNGs on the opbjects layer.)
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
What is cool.... is you could have addtional text in a JSON so you could use another token select command to spam information into chat.
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
.oO( This seems like it should be cool, but... does it make more sense to me in Yiddish? Probably not...)
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Its a variation of this:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1397909/script-d" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1397909/script-d</a>...
I like where you're going w/ this. &nbsp;Hopefully it's something you fully develop. I have my own script that kinda does this, but it's not very elegant. I use it because I rarely notice info in the chat window. &nbsp;So I have text pop up on the map window when a combatant who is concentrating takes damage, or when a creature's turn comes up who is regenerating, etc. &nbsp;Now I never miss things like that cuz of the on-screen text. Just a suggestion though: &nbsp;Allow the layer to be user selected when they call the function. &nbsp;I use the GM layer for some text, and the objects layer for others.