Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Marvel Superheroes FASERIP Character Sheets

Edited 1483758133
Started on Roll20 by playing AD&D2e and loved how the character sheets had macros doing everything. Now that I'm playing Marvel Superheroes, I can't help but miss that.  Is there any way to make macros deal with FASERIP's white/green/yellow/red system?  Any thought given to that?  Curious.  Would be great if, for example, you could be asked to roll an Intuition Check, and it simply said "Fail" or "Success. Check the Chart" by cross-referencing the ability rank with the roll.

Edited 1483797272
I took a stab at writing a dice roller macro. It shows the number rolled and uses roll highlighting to indicate the degrees of success.
Hmm.  Putting those macros into the character sheet we're using in an ongoing game is more than a little beyond me.  Looks like exactly what we're looking for, if only we knew how to do that.
Mike M. said: Putting those macros into the character sheet The " FEAT Roll + Attributes " macro is currently set up to use the FASERIP Attributes from the "Marvel Superheroes" Character Sheet. It could be modified or expanded to use other Attributes quite easily. Was that what you're referring to? Allowing the macros to pull information from Character Sheets?

Edited 1483841572
I mean that my Judge is learning how to use Roll20 after I joined an AD&D2e game and enjoyed how the character sheets worked.  But the character sheet we got when we set up the Marvel Superheroes game has no macros on its character sheet that I noticed.  Just pulldown menus for abilities. But no macros. (and I don't know how to modify the character sheet that came with our game system selection.)
It just looks like this:

Edited 1483841993
Ah, it seems that the Marvel Superheroes Character Sheet does not feature any Sheet Roll Buttons . In lieu of Sheet Roll Buttons, I personally recommend adding macros to the Macro Bar and/or using macros as Token Actions . Some users eschew all of the above in favor of using Macros via their roll buttons on the Collections tab , or #calling them via the Text Chat. Other users prefer to save macros as Abilities and using them via their roll buttons on the Attributes & Abilities Tab .
I guess I'm hoping someone could figure out how to add Sheet Roll Buttons to the Marvel Superheroes Character Sheet, then.  But I'll have a look and see what I can do, as to what you're saying.

Edited 1483842795
Mike M. said: (and I don't know how to modify the character sheet that came with our game system selection.) Custom Sheets is a Pro perk. If your Game's Creator currently has an active Pro subscription, you could look into adding roll buttons to your own custom version of the sheet. Alternatively, it may be worth opening a topic requesting some help with updating the sheet on the dropdown. The most-recent update to the MarvelSH sheet was made 2.5 years ago(!) by The Aaron , who, if asked, may be able to help (once he surfaces from what I understand to be an immense backlog of work...).
Looks like Abilities get roll buttons and Attributes don't.
Abilities are intended to function like Macros, while Attributes are intended to function like variables to be used within macros. If you want to simply use an Attribute as a standalone macro, I would do so by simply saving its Attribute call (e.g. @{AttributeName}) as an Ability.

Edited 1483843459
I didn't really want to do that, exactly. What I want is roll buttons on the character sheet which call Attributes.  I would need help to get that done, I guess.

Edited 1483844112
I would recommend making that request as a new topic in this forum; link to the sheet , and be careful to explain exactly what you would like the roll buttons to output, perhaps providing an example macro for a roll button.