Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LFG Harry Potter Tabletop RPG

I am one player looking for a group for the Harry Potter Tabletop RPG. I understand that these games are somewhat rare but the core material exists for free so I know there are bound to be at least one or two groups floating around. As far as the campaign goes I'm interested in something long-term so, while I am open to joining campaigns already in progress, please do not offer if you know your campaign is going to come to a close within 2-4 months. My time schedule is very flexible(GMT-5:00), I'm an experienced D&D player over the age of 18, and I am very eager to become immersed in this setting. If you have any more questions please ask.
I do find it rather surprising Harry Potter isn't a very popular medium for RPGs considering how rich the setting is, how many fans there are, and how well it could be executed mechanically. Where might I locate the ruleset you refer to, and do you have any experience with it?
I wish I could tell you otherwise but if I'm able to find a game it will be my first in the setting. And although the GM will likely require more resources than this, a quick "Harry Potter rpg" Google search turns up: <a href="http://meetthenewboss.info/kent/hogwarts/Harry%20Potter%20RPG%20Core%20Rule%20Book.pdf" rel="nofollow">http://meetthenewboss.info/kent/hogwarts/Harry%20Potter%20RPG%20Core%20Rule%20Book.pdf</a>&nbsp;
Interesting, I'll have a look. Apparently there's a good few fan projects out there.
There's a Harry Potter RPG out there? Interesting. Official or fan-made?
Rowling refuses to license the rights, so there's only fan-made ones.
If anyone gets a game together- I would LOVE to play this!
Harry Potter rpg sounds fun
Heya! This looks interesting! My Skype is ferelonshaderoot. Message me when you can! It looks like an awesome system
Would like to play if it is on a weekday evening.&nbsp;
I would be interested to play on a weekday morning. Love me some HP.
Well this sounds like more than enough interested people; is anyone interested in the role of GM?
I wouldn't mind learning to play if a GM steps up and seeing how it goes. Would it be text based? I don't really do that.
God I hate to be another with so many already.... I would like to play this honestly. Looking at how many are of a like mind however it seems that there would need to be at least 2 people to step up and gm to take the full volume.&nbsp;
Just to note that HP games are best played if the chars in a group are all in the same house or limited to two houses. I've seen total chaos with more than that, simply because it is hard for the GM to tie them together in the story and have them be able to go towards a common goal. The other thing to consider is if you really want to be in Hogwarts (considering how this kind of limits options) or go with a totally different school of magic of the GM's own creation.
*raises hand* &nbsp;Just want to put my name in here that I'm also very interested in playing lol. &nbsp;I had no idea HP was even an option XD
If this ends up happening I'm definitely interested in throwing my name in there to be considered as a player.
Those tokens are amazing! Any plans for a game??