Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Cannot undelete a post I accidently deleted

Edited 1484012512
I was reading through a forum thread on my tablet, in a game where I'm Co-GM. As I was scrolling through the thread, I must have hit Delete on a post by accident. It simply vanished. No trace of it left. No "This post has been deleted by the author or a moderator." and a Restore button that I get when I tested it just now in my test game (where I am Creator not just Co-GM). The only thing that's unchanged is the number of replies in the forum view, still shows 12 replies but I only see 11. I think it's a pretty major bug that I can delete posts, without a confirmation dialog, but can't restore it. Edit: Seems the author of the post was able to Restore it (also co-GM), still I think it's weird I can delete but don't have the ability to restore
Gid
Roll20 Team
Was the author (your Co-GM) the Creator of the game, Quatar?
No, she wasn't, we've both been made GM by the creator.
Gid
Roll20 Team
What may be the issue is that the Restore Thread/Post function is an element that only the Creator of the game can see/use. There are a couple features of a game that are locked exclusively to the game creator and not to any co-GMs, like advertising for LFG and deleting the game. These are security decisions made in order to prevent a promoted GM from wreaking too much havoc on a game if they decide to be malicious. Since a Co-GM has the forum permissions to delete a thread, it probably makes sense that they can also restore one too. I'll put together a ticket for this.
Thank you.  I think it wouldn't even be a huge problem if there was a popup saying "Are you sure you want to delete this post? Only the Creator of the game can restore it. Yes/No" The instant delete is fine for Creators, as they can just click Restore if they were wrong.