Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dynamic Lighting not working for one player.

One of my players is able to see the entire map while using dynamic lighting. It works just fine for the rest of my players. It also worked fine for him for the first couple of sessions, but a couple of weeks ago it stopped working for him. This only occurs while he is using Chrome. Dynamic Lighting works for him in Edge, though he would prefer to use Chrome. Any suggestions on how we can fix this for him on Chrome? Thank you for your help!
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Chrome recently changed how Hardware Acceleration runs in the browser (within the past couple weeks). We have reports that for some users, if they had this browser feature enabled(or disabled) in the past, once the update happened, it caused issues with how DL was processing.  Please ask your player to check and see if toggling this fixes the issue.
Hi, Same issue here, dynamic lighting not working in Chrome (Version 55.0.2883.87 m). I have tried turning hardware acceleration off, restarting and reloading and then turning it back on restarting and reloading - I do get some sort of dynamic lighting but it doesn't update when the map is moved, you get sort of like a spotlight effect. Looks like no longer compatible with chrome? thanks
Same here. No longer works on Google Chrome on my Windows 7 computer, but works fine (same version of Chrome) on a windows 8 computer. Had a player in my last game that didn't immediately tell me that he was seeing everything that should have been hidden by Dynamic Lighting, so this is a big problem for me. Someone 'official' needs to sort this out. Otherwise, I will have to drop using Dynamic Lighting and scale back my subscription.
Gid
Roll20 Team
For those players who are having issues with the Dynamic Lighting and toggling the Hardware Accelerations settings doesn't have any affect for them, they'll need to walk through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues . Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!)
Toggling Hardware Acceleration has fixed this.