Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

CR and XP help

I apologize if this is in the wrong place, but.... So, in a game I am DMing I have made this boss, and I would like to know how tough he would be CR wise so I know how much xp to give out. There will be a group of 10 level 1's fighting this boss, we have 3 or 4 really beefy paladin/fighter/barb types who can take some good hits/dodge them. As for heals we have 1 devoted healer, 1 spell caster with 1 healing spell, and 2 paladins (part of the beefy group) with lay on hands. The rest are focused on damage damage damage, but are squishy. How difficult do you guys think this will be for them and how much xp should I give for the group taking this boss down. WARDEN HP- 247 (can be adjusted) AC- 15 ACTIONS WHIP- 15ft range +5 to hit Whips a target for 1d6 piercing damage, this also hits every other character Between the target and the warden for 1d4 slashing damage whether the original target is hit or not. BURNING HANDS- (same as the compendium) 1d4 recharge REACTIONS PILLAR OF FIRE OR MAGMA If the Warden is hit 4 times in one round he spawns a pillar of fire or a pillar of magma randomly, determined by the d2 damage. 1 is fire 2 is magma. Pillars share the same initiative as the warden. PILLAR OF FIRE HP- 10 AC- 14 Radiance- A fiery beam connects to the warden, once on the Warden's turn it heals the warden for 1d6 damage. Continues until destroyed, there may be more than one pillar activated at a time. PILLAR OF MAGMA HP- 10 AC- 14 Radiance- A Burst of Magma covers the ground around the pillar, once on the Warden's turn all creatures within 10ft make a DC13 dexterity saving throw or take 1d4 + 2 fire damage.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
From the Roll20 Community Code of Conduct : The Roll20 Forums exist to discuss topics directly related to the use of the Roll20 program. Anything that more fittingly could be discussed on another website SHOULD be discussed there. Here are some good places to discuss this topic: /r/rpg /r/dnd /r/dndnext