Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e Shaped] roll macro

there is something wrong will my macro could i please get some help? the game i am in is using the 5e shaped sheets here is the macro (when the template was simple the dice would roll but chat was blank so i made it default) /w gm &{template:default} {{rname=?{Rolling for what}}} {{mod=?{mod|0}}} {{r1=[[?{#dice|1}d?{die|20}+?{mod}[MOD]]]}} {{?{(dis)advantage|normal|advantage|disadvantage|always}=1}} {{r2=[[?{#dice|1}d?{die|20}+?{mod}[MOD]]]}} here is the problem i rolled 1d20 as a normal roll and this is what i got can anyone help?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Replace &{template: default } with &{template: atk }
nope i did the same thing 1d20 as a normal roll and it rolled 2 3D dice but chat was blank

Edited 1484370048
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Ah, sorry; you said that you were using the 5e Shaped sheets. {{rname=?{Rolling for what}}} {{mod=?{mod|0}}} {{r1=[[?{#dice|1}d?{die|20}+?{mod}[MOD]]]}} {{?{(dis)advantage|normal|advantage|disadvantage|always}=1}} {{r2=[[?{#dice|1}d?{die|20}+?{mod}[MOD]]]}} Most of these {{properties}} used exclusively by Roll Templates used by the 5e OGL sheet (e.g. &{template: atk }). The macro you posted (after switching default for atk) can be used with the 5e OGL sheet, not the 5e Shaped sheet. Nonetheless, you can replace &{template:default} with &{template: 5e-shaped } to start. Documentation for the 5e-shaped Roll Template can be found here ; I suggest adding the special {{properties}} the documentation outlines to your macro and play around with it.
I'm not going to lie that's a little over my head, I know Its asking a lot but could I get some help with what needs to be changed?

Edited 1484382408
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I think he may be using the community contributed sheet based on the roll template, not Shaped. azroth, if you are using the Shaped sheet you can see the documentation above. If you outline what you're trying to accomplish perhaps we can help.
It is the shaped sheet. It worked on the OGL sheet back in a old game I played. Its an all purpose GM roller, it asks you to type what the roll is for (dex, hit the bell with a rock, steal that key) then asks if there is any mods, how many dice your rolling, what size dice your rolling, then if you want to make a normal roll or roll with advantage or disadvantage and then sends the result of the roll and what you were rolling for (what you typed in) to the GM 
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you look at the documentation link provided above by Silvyre the whole of the Shaped sheet's roll template is there. What are you trying to achieve? If you spell it out plainly I'm sure someone can help.
i just did, and I did look at the document and as I said it is all over my head I don't know how to do any of that stuff. An all purpose GM roller, it asks you to type what the roll is for (dex, hit the bell with a rock, steal that key) then asks if there is any mods, how many dice your rolling, what size dice your rolling, then if you want to make a normal roll or roll with advantage or disadvantage and then sends the result of the roll and what you were rolling for (what you typed in) to the GM
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
An all purpose roller can't exist as far as I'm aware. Each shaped sheet has built in macros which you can access. If you look at the settings tab you'll see them all there - ability checks, attacks, saves, actions, etc.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
&{template: 5e-shaped } {{rname=?{Rolling for what}}} {{mod=?{mod|0}}} {{r1=[[?{#dice|1}d?{die|20}+?{mod}[MOD]]]}} {{?{(dis)advantage|normal|advantage|disadvantage|always}=1}} {{r2=[[?{#dice|1}d?{die|20}+?{mod}[MOD]]]}} The above macro will actually do all of what you specified. However, this macro probably doesn't look how you'd like/expect it to look. In this case, I recommend checking out the huge macro in the documentation : &{template:5e-shaped} {{title=Title}} {{show_character_name=1}} {{character_name=Character Name}} {{uses=5}} {{uses_max=10}} {{subheader=Subheader}} {{targetName=Target Name}} {{advantage=1}} {{emote=This is the emote}} {{content=Content}} {{text_top=Text top}} {{roll1=[[1d20]]}} {{roll2=[[1d20]]}} {{vs_ac=1}} {{targetAC=Target AC}} {{saving_throw_dc=13}} {{saving_throw_condition=Save Condition}} {{saving_throw_vs_ability=Dexterity}} {{saving_throw_failure=Save Failure}} {{saving_throw_success=Save success}} {{damage=[[1d6]]}} {{damage_type=Damage Type}} {{crit_damage=[[1d6]]}} {{second_damage=[[1d10]]}} {{second_damage_type=Second Damage Type}} {{second_crit_damage=[[1d10]]}} {{heal= [[20]]}} {{death_saving_throw_successes=2}} {{death_saving_throw_failures=1}} {{text_center=Text Center}} {{text=Text}} {{text_big=Text Big}} {{Custom1=Custom Template Section1}} {{freetext=Freetext}} {{recharge=Recharge}} Copy and paste this huge macro into the Text Chat and I bet you'll see some of the looks that you'd like to borrow for your own macro. (There's also an image of the huge macro in the documentation). Within the huge macro's code, copy and paste the {{properties}} that correspond to the looks that you want into your own macro. Does that make sense?
I don't care what it looks like I just want it to work. the macro i posted works perfectly on OGL here is a pic of it working on OGL  on shaped i get either a blank message or i get this(depending one what template is used, and i have tried will all of the template you guys said)   could it look nicer sure but i would rather it work. both pics show the same roll 1D20 as a normal roll no mods but the shaped one shows 2 rolls when it was a single dice rolled and it puts the mod separate from the roll instead of totaling it up. Thank you both for your help i really mean it but i think i'm not making my self very clear, i did not make this macro i got it from someone over a year ago i think, i can barely understand what it says looking at the doc page is like trying to read a language you have only ever hear before. that page while very helpful im sure dose me no good unless i were to be taught what it all means, im sorry i just don't have that skill in my wheelhouse.

Edited 1484437161
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Master Azroth said: it puts the mod separate from the roll instead of totaling it up. Actually, by looking at the macro code, you see that the ?{mod} Roll Query is, in fact, being added to both [[ Inline Dice Rolls ]] within the macro: [[?{#dice|1}d?{die|20}+ ?{mod} [MOD]]] That is to say, the rolls are 'totaled up'. You see the ?{mod} Roll Query being displayed outside of both Inline Rolls due to the presence of this within your macro: {{mod=?{mod|0}}} Removing {{mod=?{mod|0}}} from your macro will cause that to go away, if you don't want it. Master Azroth said: the shaped one shows 2 rolls In this case, this is actually completely normal behaviour for a Roll Template: it's expected that every custom {{property}} you add to a Roll Template (e.g. {{r2=[[1d20]]}}) will be displayed and not hidden from view. The Roll Templates used by the 5e OGL sheet have special rules that cause special properties with special {{propertynames=}} to be hidden in certain circumstances. The {{r2}} property is one such special properties; the 5e OGL Roll Templates decide to hide {{r2}} from view if your macro also has the {{normal=1}} special property (this is documented under Common Fields ). All said, the &{template:5e-shaped} Roll Template uses {{roll1}} and {{roll2}} similarly to how the 5e OGL Roll Templates use {{r1}} and {{r2}}. However, {{roll2}} does not behave like {{r2}} in that there does not exist a special property that causes {{roll2}} to be hidden. However, we can use the 5e-shaped Roll Template's {{ignore}} property to acquire the behaviour that you're interested in: &{template:5e-shaped} {{title=?{Rolling for what}}} {{roll1=[[ ?{#dice|1}d?{die|20} + ?{mod|0} [MOD] ]]}} {{?{(dis)advantage|No,ignore|Yes,roll2}=[[ ?{#dice}d?{die} + ?{mod} [MOD] ]]}}
Thank you very much, it still rolls 2 3D dice but that doesn't matter at all because only one result shows up in chat it works perfectly. Also thank you for explaining that to me I actually understood almost all of it.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Awesome! You might have more in your wheelhouse than you might think... Happy rolling!