Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] Non-Visual Buff Toggle via macro?

Blind friend playing a ranger. Pathfinder.  Seems like best way to do favored enemy is to have them as toggled buffs? Rather not enter-in 2-3 diff versions of every attack.  Rather not try to remember it every time.  If it was a buff (say, fav-enemy: human +4), my player could just trigger a macro like #humans and flip the buff from off to on. Ideally it would even say in text chat that the buff is now "on." I've experimented but it seems like macros cannot change the character sheet values, only activate them for calculation/rolling. I tried: @{charactername|repeating_buff_$0_buff-enable_toggle} That would work for an attack to be clicked, but not the buff button (and he can't find it to click bc he's blind).  SO for now, I have to toggle his FE for him.  It's not a bad way to go, just wondering if there's better. Also he likes to have as much control over his character as possible, and I like that too.

Edited 1484383638
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Unfortunately you cannot write/edit attributes using macros.  You can use an API script to do so, but there is another limitation where sheetworkers do not recognize the change until after the sheet is closed/reopened, which kind of defeats the purpose of using a macro to toggle buffs, conditions, and other attributes.. You might add a global attack and damage query under macro options one  the attacks page. ie ?{Favored Enemy?|No,0 |Yes,4}
Thank you for looking at it! I think that would pop up a GUI element as well wouldn't it? I'll just write in seperate versions of his attacks for each of his 2 favored enemies.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
yeah since then he could pick the attack from the menu in chat (assuming it is not too difficult)&nbsp; And in v1 in beta we added a "group" field to eachattack so you could add a "favored" header for the 2nd set of attacks that appear in the menu. Also could you both take a look at the beta site and some sheets and let us know if he has a problem navigating? <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/801350/kEQ72w" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/801350/kEQ72w</a> we're attempting to add aria-labels to everything but i can't even get a screenreader to run on my machine in the first place to test