Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFM/DM] [DnD 3.5] Savage Tide or Age of Worms Campaign

Edited 1484495930
Dear all, I am looking for a group to run one of the more deadly DnD 3.5 campaigns. &nbsp;I enjoy the early Paizo adventure paths, especially due to their difficulty and chance to die. For other potentially interested players: the adventure paths usually require you to know how to build and play your class well. I am enjoying a good mix of RP and combat elements and well prepared environments. I am based in Europe (time-wise) and would appriciate to find a DM for one of these campaigns. The exact timing and your preference of how to set-up the campaign can be discussed. Also, I know quiet a bunch of players, so filling up the game with experienced players would be not a problem. Would give the players in this thread a preference tho, if additional players are interested in the same campaign. For your info: - Savage Tide:&nbsp;<a href="https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savage_Tide" rel="nofollow">https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savage_Tide</a> - Age of worms: <a href="https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Worms" rel="nofollow">https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Worms</a> Best regards, Jeno
I'd be interested to play, probably with a Wiz/Artificer/Psion. Happen to know Jenotus from a different game, too.
Bump
That reminds me I want to run those again. Preferably in PF but I know you prefer 3.5., so as long as there are players I don't really care. Alas,my time table is full right now unless people can play late night, as in after 23.00 German time. I tend to adapt monsters to the group, and they hardly ever are what you know (mainly because everyone knows the standard monsters by now). And I have a few house rules. Also, I only play on Teamspeak due to Skype hating me. Own server so no hassle.
Wohoo, Grimtina - Good one :) I will see and talk to Chris about potential timeslots. I am sure we can find something during the weekends. I will organize +2 players, so its not going to be an issue, will make sure that we find motivated and dedicated ones. Do you have a preference as of which of them you would want to run? - From a timeline perspective Age of Worms is the previous path (and I was told the harder one) What is your take on it?
Bump in case another player meets the requirements and is interested.
Shackled City - Age of Worms - Savage Tide is the loosely connected order, although you can simply assume the other story has happened. I have those 3 APs merged into a mega story from the last time and need to fizzle it apart again, other than that I won't need much prep time. Only exception is that I'm so used to Pathfinder now I need to consider the changes haha. Group TPKed with the AoW part twice and once with the ST story (and thrice with SC although that was the fault of one crazy player basically) so yes, AoW is definitely harder. As I prefer to run things in order, I do prefer AoW. Going in with less than 4 PCs is almost guaranteed suicide,&nbsp; 5 is preferable.
Great, let us try with 4 pcs. I love the AoW path and I have the ambition that we do it without TPKs :) maybe we can even avoid deaths whatsoever. Will ask around for 2 further experienced and strategically thinking dnd players :)
When would you run said games? I'm looking for 3.5 games but unfortunately have restricted availability
Except Mondays, Saturdays and Sundays I could run from 23.00 (11 pm) at night German time zone.

Edited 1485076849
I would need to talk to Grimtina, prolly we will use the Friday evening 23:00 o'clock. As players I would consider only players with 500+ hours of gametime, experience of setting up macros and extensive dnd 3.5 knowledge (that means knowledge of all books and classes).&nbsp; Sorry for the strict requriements, but we more often than not had problems with different levels of knowledge of the game - and it is not fun to start explaining things like "immediate actions", "essentia", "binding vestige rules" or "differences between natural and magical flightspeed" to players - this game is not ment for beginners. Edit : and you would probably also not have fun, as the adventure path is really deadly. Non-knowledgeable players will die - like OFTEN. Since we attempt to run it with the minimum number of players, each individual needs to be top fit. @Grimtina: I will contact you after this weekend and to find an appropriate slot. Looking very much forward to it, great opportunity and a pleasure to have you run this path. Best regards, Jeno
Hmmm, I'm in CST time zone in the US. &nbsp;But, that might work out as it will be much earlier here than in the German time zone that GrimTina is in? &nbsp;I can meet Monday, Wednesday, and Tuesday definitely. &nbsp;Friday might take some juggling. &nbsp; I'm intrigued by the adventure paths and by a somewhat more difficult game (presuming we're not getting quite into TO/Tippyverse type of madness). &nbsp;I'm comfortable with roll20, having GM'ed several games. &nbsp;And, I'm extremely experienced with D&D 3.5. &nbsp;I can also handle Pathfinder pretty well, but I know it less well than 3.5, even though it's been a little while since I've played. &nbsp; You mentioned strategy, and I do approach this as a role-playing game. &nbsp;So, I try to think of strategy in terms as my character would. &nbsp;If I'm not playing Sun Tzu then I might opt for more direct tactics. &nbsp;But, (a) I could make a concept suited for tactical thinking, and (b) I don't think in the many years I've been gaming anyone has ever accused me of being particularly dumb in my tactical decisions. &nbsp; Let me know what you think when you get the chance. &nbsp;
Most important is to know your own chars option. As Jenotus said, it slows the game down a lot if you have to keep looking your options up even after several sessions. If you don't know what exactly someone else is doing, don't worry about it (no one can ever remember everything) just look it up after the game if you aren't clear. Trust the player to know. I do insist chars have personalities and are not just game pieces. You will have to interact with NPCs a lot, after all. I care less about backstory (at least in this case) than motivation. Problems arise when the PCs aren't competent enough because of "my char would do it this way" which usually leads to the doom of the party in this kind of adventure. They are supposed to be heroes after all :-) The group will have a common benefactor sending them on the way so everyone will be on the same page without needing to worry about why they should work together. I don't do Tippyverse. If rules don't make sense in a given situation I go with common sense. Opponents behave logically and won't needlessly die if they could escape. Alignments are a guideline mostly, unless you play a cleric or paladin.(and awful stupid paladins tend to die very quickly). You don't always find any sort of magic item everywhere,or strange magical loot with some unfortunate monsters. Not every little town will have a wizard or high level cleric. It's Oerth though, so there will be plenty of magic if you know where to find it.
This all sounds very much into my comfort zone. &nbsp;Especially the "know your character" thing. &nbsp;It's kind of a mission (peeve?) of mine. &nbsp;And, it frees the GM to worry about other things. &nbsp;Which, in D&D especially, is a ton of fun -- you have myriad dastardly monsters with cool abilities to keep track of already. &nbsp; Truth be told, Grimtina's post above was pretty much what I was expecting. &nbsp;I just wanted to check in and make sure I was understanding the above posts correctly and making sure I was on the same page. &nbsp;But, it seems like I was! &nbsp; Please consider me very interested. &nbsp;And, I'm happy to write some more about myself or hop onto skype/teamspeak/discord/whatever to introduce myself. &nbsp;
Bump. We got 1 more spot open. Game-Time is going to be Friday's 23:00 o'clock CEST (central EU time). we are attempting to go for the full adventure path.
Sounds really interesting, it would be nice to play with other experienced players.&nbsp; But I run my own game many Friday nights.&nbsp; Saturday or Sunday I could do....
Unfortunately we are fixed on fridays mate, sorry
The time works well for me, as I do not work that day. &nbsp;I never managed to play those adventure paths back in my 3.5 days, and would love to have a chance to! &nbsp;I've been gaming 17 years and whether 3.5 or pathfinder, it's my favorite ... &nbsp;I love bringing my characters to life..I Like both systems in different ways. &nbsp;I hope to be able to join you all. &nbsp;
Bump. one of the players unfortunately quit in the last moment.&nbsp; So still got 1 spot open.&nbsp;
And please, if you don't like house rules, don't bother. They are there for a reason. Also, this group is attempting to build an effective party and pre-plans their progression beforehand. I know a lot of players are not comfortable with that so to avoid further drop outs, we are looking for players who are ok with this.
SᵃᵛᵃǤᵉ
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I have run The Savage Tide multiple times. I have a lot of material. However; I am burned out as a DM and need a break from DMing. Here is my obsidian portal page for the&nbsp; Savage Tide.

Edited 1485775064
For those of you, who wonder about the character creation: these are the rules: Character Creation Guidelines: ============================== Stats: Point buy 32 HP: first full, rest half fixed Allowed classes: Tier 3 or below&nbsp;&nbsp; ( <a href="http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=8740.0" rel="nofollow">http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=8740.0</a> ) Allowed PrC: Everything except Marvelous Tier&nbsp; ( <a href="http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=h2kj1mc9mscb76m3p1ubluk114&topic=1573" rel="nofollow">http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=h2kj1mc9mscb76m3p1ubluk114&topic=1573</a> ) Flaws: Max 2 Books allowed: All + Dragon Magazine Starting Gold: tbd (DM said something about alot of gold, we need to verify) Skills: normal (+ additional 10 points for fluff skills i.e. Wine tasting) Races: All (except Duergar and Drow) Template: all allowed Buyback: yes, as per Unearthed arcana Alignment: Good (can ignore evil alignment restrictions if you want to play something you can instead play it as a good version) XP-Penalty for multiclassing: None This is the current party setup : ========================== - Psionic character (Ardent+Wilder) - Dread Necro / Shugenja dual caster - Divine Ranger with wildshaping and Trapfinding What we would need is somone, who is comfortable with any of these roles: - Support Character (Bard / Marshall) - Incarnum based character (Incarnate&nbsp;/ Totemist) - Incarnation based character (DFA&nbsp;/ Warlock) - Skillmonkey character / Precision damage (Rogue, Factotum, Spellthief, Psionic Rogue, etc.) - Ranged "physical" character (Ranger, Fighter, Soulbolt)
SᵃᵛᵃǤᵉ
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Are you all still looking for a GM for Savage Tide?
Well at the moment we do have a DM for Age of Worms, which we would start to play. I am honestly not sure if we can do two campaigns at the same time, so I suggest the following: I do have you on my private message list and once we see how the whole scheduling thing works out, I can give you a more definitive answer as of how packed it is. cheers and see you soon.
Bump. We are still looking for +1 player with alot of experience and an open mindset + dependable character (i.e. being always there). If you are that player, feel free to join. Current party: This is the current party setup : ========================== - Psionic character (Ardent+Wilder) - Dread Necro / Shugenja dual caster - Divine Ranger with wildshaping and Trapfinding

Edited 1486131674
Bump. Still looking for +1 player - if noone dares, we might run it with only 3. Changed the current party setup to accomidate a potential 3-man run. We are looking for a melee character if anyone is interested to join. This is the current party setup : ========================== - Psionic character (Ardent+Wilder)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (psionic, dps) - Dread Necro / Shugenja dual caster&nbsp; (divine, arcane, BFC, face) - Factotum / Incarnate / Chameleon (trapfinding, skillmonkey, melee, utility)
Bump. Still looking for a suitable 4th player. Applications via PM please.