Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Line color will not change if you change it by your player's name

In the tutorial it says that you if you click on the color box next to the player's name it will change the color of the line.  However, when I followed the instructions in the tutorial and changed the color of the line using the box next to my name, it didn't actually change the color of the line.  Am I missing something?
It only changes the color of new lines you draw, not existing lines.
I just tested that and it still doesn't work.  For example, I drew a blue line.  Then I changed to red with the color by the player's name and drew a brand new line and it came out blue instead of red.
Gid
Roll20 Team
When you change your color swatch, there's nothing to trigger the change within the paint/draw tool while it is still open and active. If you change your color, then click on another tool, then go back to the drawing tool, it then pulls in the changed color swatch. You'll want to use the color picker that's part of the drawing tool itself to change the color while actively using the drawing tools.