Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Interest Check] Deathwatch RPG Great Crusade

For a bit now I've been interested in using Deathwatch to play a game set in the Great Crusade/Horus Heresy era of Warhammer.  I'd like to see if anyone else shares that interest. We will need to figure out stats for heresy era equipment and legions, but first is to get people in. One basic question is how it would be approached. Disparate legionnaires amongst the Blackshields? A single legion's squad? A multi-Legion operation?
How do you feel about setting down basic details; timezone, text/voice, etc before getting to stats and campaign details?
It's an interest check, I just wanted to see is anyone is interested. But alright then. Sundays starting at 3-5 pm CST, Voice and text. Not particularly picky about anything else.
This sounds interesting. I would think you could do campaign during/after the the Dropsite Massacre or the Battle of Isstvan III
Micah M. said: This sounds interesting. I would think you could do campaign during/after the the Dropsite Massacre or the Battle of Isstvan III I was leaning towards these, if only because they were the big starting battles. It would mostly depend on what legion people want their characters to be from and whether they want to stay loyalist or go traitor. There's also the possibility of just being sent to fight xenos, but there's more work to do in getting a disparate squad together that way.
Austin L. said: Sundays starting at 3-5 pm CST, Voice and text. Ah well. The time almost works, but I'm not looking for voice.
I'd love to play in a game like this but I have no idea how I could play. Can't rightly say I can do the part of a space marine well being female and all. There's probably some way around that though like with a sister of silence. Either way, I'd be extremely interested.
I'd be interested in this, seems like deathwatch games have been few and far between as of late.  I am a bit curious how this would work though, would the party actually be deathwatch or would it simply be utilizing the deathwatch rules?
mac k. said: I'd be interested in this, seems like deathwatch games have been few and far between as of late.  I am a bit curious how this would work though, would the party actually be deathwatch or would it simply be utilizing the deathwatch rules? Mostly just the Deathwatch rules, Deathwatch as an organization wasn't founded by this point in 40k.
I'm interested in joining in on the fun! Let me know if and when this is started! :)
Austin L. said: mac k. said: I'd be interested in this, seems like deathwatch games have been few and far between as of late.  I am a bit curious how this would work though, would the party actually be deathwatch or would it simply be utilizing the deathwatch rules? Mostly just the Deathwatch rules, Deathwatch as an organization wasn't founded by this point in 40k. I suppose in that regard will we all decide on a single chapter or will we have a reason why lone members from multiple chapters are working in a squad?  Either way I am definitely interested.
Actually there was a campaign here on Roll20 based on this very premise. I'm not sure how far the campaign got but if you do a bit of research you might be able to find whoever ran it and perhaps find out the details of the campaign. I'm not available on Sundays so I can't participate in this game but good luck getting it up and running. :)