Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder Spell Range Macro?

Hello! I am trying to call the spell range in my macro, and for some reason, it keeps showing up blank. The macro itself works, it just doesn't show the range. This is my macro text: &{template:pf_spell} {{name=Cause Fear}} {{character_name=@{Safyi|character_name}}} {{character_id=@{Safyi|character_id}}} {{casting_time=1 std action}} {{dc=[[@{Safyi|spellclass-0-level-1-savedc} + [[0]]]]}} {{range=@{Safyi|spellclass-0-close}}} {{targets=1 creature of 5 or less HD}} {{duration=[[1d4]]}} {{saving_throw=Will partial}} {{sr=Yes}} {{description=Creature takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. If the will save is passed, creature is shaken for 1 round, otherwise is frightened.}} And this is the result I'm getting: Am I somehow missing something to call the range properly?

Edited 1484571298
I'm not familiar with the specific sheet, but you should try putting the text in brackets, to see if it works: ... {{range= [[ @{Safyi|spellclass-0-close} ]] }} ... EDIT : scrap the previous answer, I tried it without success. I think the way to solve it is to add {{close=range_pick}} before {{range=@{Safyi|spellclass-0-close}}}
Thank you, the range_pick addition works nicely. It's a little clumsy for my spells with defined ranges, such as Burning Hands, which is a 15ft cone, because the only options for displaying it show Touch, Close, Medium, or Long in parentheses after the number. But at least I can actually see the number now!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
These should work. {{close=@{Safyi|spellclass-0-close}}} {{range=@{Safyi|spellclass-0-close}}} optional {{rangetext=Add some text about your range}}