Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Control L is not showing player view

I have dynamic lighting turned on and a light sources on the dynamic light layer.  As a gm I should be able to place a token that has sight onto the board and push control +l to see from the view point of the player.  However, this isn't working the screen goes black.  So i gave myself control of the token and enter the game as a player and the token see's the light correctly.  It's just frustrating that I have to enter as a player in order to see how my dynamic lighting is working.  I am just wondering if anyone else is having this problem.

Edited 1484615981
Same issue here but only sometimes. Not figured out a pattern yet. Is it all the time for you?
For the last two weeks it started intermittently.
I have one player who doesn't see the DL walls at all, he can always see the entire map.
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
@al e. If he's using chrome, tell him to make sure that the Hardware Acceleration option is enabled. Chrome recently changed how it handles JS, which affected DL. The other players posters should check this option as well.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This may be a stupid question, but for those people having issues with ctrl-L (CMD-L on Mac). Is the token in question on the object layer? Ctrl-L won't work on any other layer.
yes it's on the object layer
Gid
Roll20 Team
Franky H. said: @al e. If he's using chrome, tell him to make sure that the Hardware Acceleration option is enabled. Chrome recently changed how it handles JS, which affected DL. The other players posters should check this option as well. This would be the first thing I would recommend checking for anyone who's suddenly encountered DL issues within the past couple weeks. Another thing is for the affected user to doublecheck that they don't have a browser add-on/extension that could be disrupting the scripting required for obscuring the Page.
It has started working for me again as of yesterday, I did not change anything in my browser or add-ons/extension.  I use Mozilla Firefox as a browser.