Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Help] Pathsplitter not working with circles

As you can see here, boxes drawn with the tool work perfectly, as do normal polygon lines. <a href="https://i.gyazo.com/369de342a495ff986a57b8573a6568" rel="nofollow">https://i.gyazo.com/369de342a495ff986a57b8573a6568</a>... But when I try to use the circle function, (which if I can get working, would make round areas a hell of a lot easier.), the command is entered, and an error appears in the console.&nbsp;"!pathSplit ERROR: " I've tried restarting and reinstalling to no resolution. Naturally I read over the forum thread for the script but there's no mention of it not working with circles. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if this isn't possible, a few alternative recommendations would be grand. Thanks.
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
The Circle function doesn't function very well for DL (Or at all, if I remember correctly). Its because the DL doesn't interpret the circle as a line, it reads it as a bunch of dots. I'd imagine this is why pathsplitter is throwing the error out.
Franky H. said: The Circle function doesn't function very well for DL (Or at all, if I remember correctly). Its because the DL doesn't interpret the circle as a line, it reads it as a bunch of dots. I'd imagine this is why pathsplitter is throwing the error out. That's a real shame. Thanks for the reply though mate, do you happen to know of any work around's for lighting circular walls and what-not?&nbsp; Cheers
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
Small straight lines in a circular pattern via the polygon tool is the way I &nbsp;do it.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
As you can see&nbsp; on the wiki , ovals are represented internally as a collection of points which are then rendered as four&nbsp;Bézier curves. There exists the requisite math to split a&nbsp;Bézier curve, but this script simply hasn't implemented it.
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sorry about this. I'll look into adding the math in for Path Math and Path Splitter to circles and other Bezier curve paths.
Stephen L. said: Sorry about this. I'll look into adding the math in for Path Math and Path Splitter to circles and other Bezier curve paths. That'd be awesome, thank you very much for the response.

Edited 1484699636
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I put in a pull-request that allows circles, ellipses, and other cubic bezier curves to be supported by Pathsplitter.&nbsp; If you'd like to try these changes out now before they are merged in, get&nbsp; Path Math 1.4 and&nbsp; Pathsplitter 1.1 .

Edited 1484703459
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Stephen L. said: I put in a pull-request that allows circles, ellipses, and other cubic bezier curves to be supported by Pathsplitter. Note that outside of an API script generating a cubic curve, the only cubic curves on the VTT will be circles/ovals. Freehand drawings are quadratic curves, although the length of each curve is so small that you can probably treat them as straight lines with little to no apparent difference.
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Brian said: Stephen L. said: I put in a pull-request that allows circles, ellipses, and other cubic bezier curves to be supported by Pathsplitter. Note that outside of an API script generating a cubic curve, the only cubic curves on the VTT will be circles/ovals. Freehand drawings are quadratic curves, although the length of each curve is so small that you can probably treat them as straight lines with little to no apparent difference. Yes, that's all correct. For the quadratic curves in freehand drawings, I don't even bother with the control points since they can be approximated as tiny straight lines. For circles/ovals, I am calculating points along the Bezier curve to create a new polygonal path that closely approximates the circles/ovals.