Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

hide the formula but keep the results and dice icons/ rollable table + macro

Edited 1484671097
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
I have recreated a special hero quest dice in a rollable table, with 3 sides and weighting each of them (1 side whte skull, weights 3, etc...) 3 times (1 for attack, 1 for hero defense, 1 for monster defense) Then I made 3 macros to allow players to roll and display nicely the computed results. /me **attacks** [attack]( <a href="http://i.imgur.com/1jMsYss.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/1jMsYss.jpg</a> ) /roll ?{dice n|1}t[white-dice-attack] Now I would like to hide the macro formula in the chat but still display the results of the dice/rollable table =&gt; icons (+ numerical value) I manage to hide the formula but it removes the icons, only remains the numerical result. How can I do it? (not using the special HQ api that bugs)
I would like to get rid of the "rolling 5twhite-dice-attack]" part
Ive tried inline command &nbsp;with brackets but it removes the dice icons.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
You'd need an API script to accomplish this.
So i suppose I would need to modify the HQ dice mechanics API to make it work. The thing is I don't know how to debug it. I've tried it but when I mistyped a command, it bugged out the API. Furthermore the API command call is something like !hq 2m 2h where 2 is the number of dice to be rolled by "h" (heroes) and "m" (monsters).&nbsp; If I wanted a macro button to easily ask the players how many dice he needs to throw, I would need to modify the script.

Edited 1484674207
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I don't know the HQ API, but you should be able to do: !hq ?{Monster Dice|2}m ?{Hero Dice|2}h I'm assuming that that syntax allows you to specify various numbers of monster and hero dice.
yes, it works, I will make the macro. Thanks!!!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Happy Rolling
thank you!! While I have the attention of such a nice expert person, is there any emote icon/smiley/ unicode integrated in the chat for roll20 that I could use in a macro to enhance an attack message?

Edited 1484675971
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Unicode (at least some of it) works as far as I know. You can also use the&nbsp; markdown formatting available to embed an image. The image is embedded at it's maximum size (by pixels) or scaled to match the width of the chat side window, whichever is smaller. An image 8ish pixels high is roughly equal to a line of text.
understood! I already had used the markdown formatting to include a picture, but even small as it originally was uploaded it was still too big to my taste. 8px? ok.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yep, might need to be 6 actually. It's been a while since I was working with that.
i have tried , i get an interesting result with a height of 20-30 px, mixing emojii and pictures