Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5E: Adventures in Middle-Earth] Long-Term Campaign - Rotating Players|Flex Schedule|Living Middle-Earth

Edited 1484696450
Hello, all! This particular campaign is using the rules from the 'Adventures in Middle Earth' for the 5th Edition Dungeons & Dragons. What are we looking for? : New and old players who are looking for an engaging experience, dungeon crawling, role playing, and loot. We are currently looking to recruit as many players who are willing to play. Given the nature of rotating players and a flexible schedule, that means people who are online can jump into the game forum and attempt to start an impromptu group so that we can play. It also helps to take care of the nature of online tabletop games, retention rates are usually a little worse than RL games. You do not need to have experience or a ton of knowledge about Middle-Earth. I'm not a Tolkien scholar, and my knowledge doesn't go much beyond Lord of the Rings, Hobbit, and very little in the Silmarillion. So if you're new to Lord of the Rings, or you're new to D&D 5th Edition - Don't be shy. Join up.                                                                   Roleplay : A vast majority of character interactions and NPC interactions will take place in text. We do use voice, but generally as a means to communicate with each other OOCly and to take care of small/mundane interactions. The text gives us something to go back to read later for those who aren't able to participate in every session and it also helps you to characterize your character a little more than most people are comfortable with in voice.                                                                   Timeline : The timeline for our place is actually taking place after Sauron's final defeat, the ninth ring of power has been destroyed and it is now the year 3024. Orcs, goblins, Uruks, and a great many dangers are still present in the world. Not only that but we're pulling from other third party sources to make the game a little more engaging and creating some homebrew enemies/lore. So if you're looking for a totally 100% authentic Lord of the Rings, or Tolkien experience this might not be the game for you.                                                                   If you'd like to participate in this campaign : Awesome! Feel free to post your interest down below, or PM me. You can do the same if you have any questions. Thank you guys for reading. The Living Campaign The Living Campaign: What is a living campaign? You could compare a living campaign world to today's MMORPGs, even when you're not logged in the world continues to move forward with or without you. Quests and story-lines can be completed throughout the week and it is very much a drop-in and drop-out experience. We're going to be playing as often as we can and the story-line will move forward regardless of who's there and who isn't. Player choice is key to making this work. Your choices will matter and will have a lasting impact on the game world and the story-line as we move forward.
That would certainly be an important detail, I'm very sorry I forgot to add that in the original post.  I'm CST (Central). Most of our games will probably have starting times of 6:00 PM CST, but there are days where games might start as early as 3-4 PM CST. The nature of the flexible schedule means we more or less all talk to one another and try to come up with a day when it's best for all of us to play. If we've got 5 folks, we're going to play. :)
Picking a nit here but the Third Age ended in 3021 so 3024 would actually be the year 3 of the Fourth Age. Regardless, good luck with the game. :) 
I would definitely be interested to join. But fair warning, I have only played Pathfinder a little bit, and although I have been making character sheets, ideas and reading up on 5e recently, I will be a bit rough around the edges at first. Are there any limits/ideas on classes our characters would be?
@Andrew Oh we know, we're playing in the 4th age so we have a little more wiggle room to more or less do what we'd like. Thank you though! :P @Luke - That would be fine. I'll send you an invite into the game.
That sounds like it'd be quite a bit of fun.  I'm interested in joining as well. 
I have a stupid work schedule that usually precludes me from joining an ongoing game, but this flexibility interests me.  Also a LotR fan.  Would like the opportunity to play.
I absolutely love Lord of the Rings and this game sounds like a lot of fun. Text games are perfect for me too. I live in GMT timezone, so the flexible times would probably suit me better (along with the early starts). I would love to join this game if possible.
I am intrigued. I am a huge fan of Lord of the Rings. I am EST time zone, Tuesday's and Thursday's are no good for me since I have classes those nights. I am free any other time though :) I am new to roll20 though so this would be my first game, I will require some guidance but I am a quick learner.
I am new to table top games in general.  I'd be interested in trying this but would need some help at times.  I am CST.  I'd also be interested in just watching in to help learn for a bit