Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

2nd edition D&D Initiative and Turn Order Macro questions

1)  How do I select a token with the name of Drow?  and then attach it to the associated initiative roll?  I can manually select a token and then roll using this macro I have figured out.  [[d10+3}&{tracker}]]  Just looking for a way to avoid having to select the actual token before I do it. 2.  How do I refresh the Turn Order each initiative round in ascending order?  I saw several posts to do !turninit 123, but that does not work when I put it in the macro.  Is there other punctuation or characters I am missing get that to work?  I just want it to refresh like if you click on the Turn Order Settings gear icon and hit the Ascending button. Thanks for your help.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Hi Jeremy, Both of your questions actually have the same answer:  You can't do that without the API, a Pro subscriber Perk. When you see something like this: !turninit 123 That's an API command.  If the first character on a line is a !, it will be sent to the API sandbox for the game you are in and won't show up in the chat.  If the game was not created by a Pro subscriber (or the Game creator is no longer a Pro subscriber) there is no API sandbox for your game. Sorry I don't have better news for you.
Thanks Aaron.  May have to become a Pro subscriber then for that alone due to my own slothfulness. Thanks for the info.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
No worries!  There are many great scripts to take advantage of, and Transmogrifier is really really convenient.  Happy Rolling
Out of curiosity, do you happen to know what API script that the !turninit 123 command is associated with?

Edited 1484997748
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Elena S. said: Out of curiosity, do you happen to know what API script that the !turninit 123 command is associated with? Apparently an older script called Turn Manager .
Gold
Forum Champion
I play 2nd Edition, have Pro, and use The Aaron's API script called Group-Initiative. So if you get Pro and get Group-Initiative API installed, I can help show you hope to configure it for 2E games. With this script you still have to select the Tokens to put in initiative, but the good news is the script lets you drag-select all the tokens at once (all the PC and all the monsters) and roll them all into Turn Tracker with 1 click.  Instead of going 1 by 1.