Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

I was wrong. New Double Cross RPG macro needed.

Edited 1484873968
Johka
Plus
I know I asked for this a few days ago, but after some testing and new reading, I discovered I was wrong about the Dice mechanics of the game. I have, in the last couple of days been able to conjure a Dice Roller Macro that gives me almost everything I need. /roll ?{Number of Dice|1}d10!>?{Explosion Number|10}+{Bonus} Yet even this macro doesn't include everything I need. It allows me to adjust the number of dice rolled, which rolls are considered Crits and how big a bonus the roll receives. But I still require a single feature that I have so far found impossible to recreate in Roll20 I need all Crits to equal 10. To illustrate, say I set the Explosion Number in the macro   to 9. This would mean i Crit everytime a nine or higher is rolled. Let's say i roll a 9 on the first roll and on the following explosion die I roll a 5. In a standard Compunding Dice system the result would total to 14. But in Double Cross, the Crit (9) would have been considered a 10, making the resulting total equal 15 rather than 14. If my explanation wasn't good enough here's an excerpt from the book about Crits and Critical Value " -Criticals- A Critical is achieved when a die a player rolls a ten. When this happens, a player may re-roll the die that "criticaled" and add ten to his final score. If a rolled die Criticals again, a player may continue to re-roll that die until it no longer Criticals. For each re-roll achieved a player may add ten to his final score. If more than one die criticals during a roll, a player may re-roll all dice that criticals. However, that group of dice is considered as only one Critical. As such, a player only adds ten points even if two dice criticaled during a single roll. To illustrate, lets say a player rolls three dice and gets a ten, ten, and a seven. The player has criticaled once and may re-roll two dice. The second roll comes up as a ten and three. The player has criticaled again and may re-roll one die. This next roll results in a five. Five is the player's Score and he gets a bonus of twenty for getting two Criticals. His resulting score is twenty-five. A Power that can lower a player's Critical Value will often have a limit set to it. This limit is the lowest that the Power can lower the Critical Value. About the Critical Value Ten is number that a die is required to roll in order to be a Critical. This number is called the Critical Value. However, it is possible to lower or increase the requirement for Criticals. Through the use of Powers, players may lower the required number they need to roll in order to gain a Critical. With the proper bonuses, dice that roll a nine or less can be considered Criticals and thus subject to re-roll. So, lets assume a player uses a Power to lower his Critical value to 9 and then rolls a nine, nine, and one on a single dice. This player has criticaled and adds 10 two times as his bonus. The total of this roll would be 21." If you have any questions for me feel free to ask them. That is all. F.o.t.O.

Edited 1484875575
Silvyre
Forum Champion
An interesting system... I found this webpage helpful in understanding its dice mechanics. Example: I'm asked to make a Body Check, and my Body is 8. I roll 8d10, and get 1 3 4 4 7 8 10 10. I rolled some tens, so that's a critical (+10) - I take the two dice that rolled 10 and reroll them, and get 4 10. I rolled a ten again, so that's a second critical (+20) - I reroll the die that rolled a 10, and get a 4. My final result is 20 + 4 = 24. So, only one Critical is accrued when multiple dice (rolled simultaneously) meet their Critical Value. i.e. Those dice are rerolled, but only one 10 is added to that check's Score (unless the reroll(s) result in a Critical). I need all Crits to equal 10. I can tell you now that, unfortunately, Roll20's innate dice mechanics are not able to support something like this. I think that your best bet would to write (or request help with writing) an API Script to handle these unique dice mechanics. There are quite a few API Scripts that have been written to accomodate special dice-rolling rules, and I know there are users in the API Forum who would be happy to help you adapt one of these scripts (or even write your own) to suit your needs. If you're interested, I recommend starting a thread in the API Forum , outlining all of the mechanics you want to include within your dice-rolling script. If you additionally took some time to check out the dice-rolling scripts in the Roll20 API Repository , and choose a script that seems like it incorporates any mechanics that are at all similar to the ones you'd like for your own script, that would bring you a lot closer to the completion of this project.
Thank you for the information. It's sad to hear Roll20 can't support a system like this by itself. Still, the fact it may be made possible through the use of an API script brings me hope. I will do some reading, and hopefully I'll come out on the other side a little wiser.