Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Problems with my game

I have a problem in one of my active games, one of my players, without having any permissions, while playing you can see the whole map, without being affected by the dynamic lightning, and we can not go through this bug. Anyone know what may be happening?
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
If he's using chrome, tell him to make sure that the Hardware Acceleration option is enabled. Chrome recently changed how it handles JS, which affected DL. The other players should check this option as well.

Edited 1484958306
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
The Aaron said in your first thread: This can happen sometimes with really really laggy connections. If your player reloads the page, do they get correctly obscured maps? Try what Franky said in that one as well. I'm going to close this one and let the conversation continue in the other

Edited 1484958663
Let us assume it is lag.  Is there any way to fix it?  I've had this problem in my games randomly through the year where people tell me they can see the map and I tell them to just try not to metagame.  They refresh, but it doesn't always work.  However most of my users use Firefox.  Chrome generates to many problems with the platform in my opinion.  Not just for me, but several of the players I've gamed with.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
When I've had this issue in the past, Refreshing the page fixed it.  You might try having the player close out the browser and restart it, or switch to another browser.  If none of that works, we'll need to start a bug thread (or move this one to the bugs forum and begin the debugging process.
Fairly common issues as a player, and GM. This isn't lag, this is truly a bug. You must refresh to fix it. It's very game destroying in truth, especially if you put a whole map together, and one player can ruin it all, by not having any lighting to block their vision.