Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Creating "Snappy" Map Tiles

Edited 1484963856
Fabian D.
Sheet Author
I followed the rules from here <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Creating_Marketplace_Asset" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Creating_Marketplace_Asset</a>... Making 140x140 72DPI tile sections.&nbsp; However, when put into a default settings room, it looks like this: Making 2X2 tiles when it is intended to only land on one grid tile. Are those values from the wiki outdated or am I missing something? On a not yet important note; this is the start of a "Cyber" style map and tile pack, for example for Shadowrun. The tiles and tokens are procedurally created by a script and could be offered in many colorations. Is this something that would be offerable on the market place? I understand I'd need to distribute the baked assets not the script, but that should be fine. The Tiles allow all connections (including "filled in" rooms) and there are about 20 tokens planned. Here's one of the tiles:
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
(Moved to Roll20 Marketplace & Creative Content) Your tile is correctly sized. &nbsp;The size that tiles come into the map is a little strange (larger tiles get shrunk down to 2x2). &nbsp;This is the normal behavior. &nbsp;You can scale the tiles down to 1x1 to get the size you desire once they are on the map.
Having to scale every piece to form a larger map can be rather ardeous. I did notice it will work if I just use 70x70 Images. Is there any downside to it other than the obvious quality downside?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
That would be the only downside.
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Back engineer the situation... Adjust the Grid Size. Let Roll20 drop them as 2x2 grid items, then adjust the Grid Lines to be 2 units in size, that will effectively scale the tiles to be 1x1 tiles visually.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
That's a clever hack, but If you have anything larger than 1x1, I don't think it will be satisfactory.
Eventually I may want this to lead into the second part of the question as well. So a hack solution is not desirable for that. Still, a nice idea for my personal use.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
As you are a pro subscriber you can always use token-mod (or a couple of other scripts) to quickly resize all the tokens: !token-mod --set height|70 width|70 should do it when you have them all selected...
PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
You can right click on the roll20 platform and adjust the image size from there so you don't have to manually drag to resize. It has worked wonders for me, and if it something you purchased from a marketplace contributor it may already have the dimensions listed in the description or the item. This will allow you to know what to set the token size as soon as you drop it down to play.