Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG] Looking for D&D 3.5 with an open minded DM

Hello all, I am an experienced 3.5 player who enjoys creating fun and unique characters. Earlier today I came up with what I think might be a ridiculously fun character, but it would require the right sort of DM to allow me to do it. My idea is to be a tibbit druid/sorcerer with a cat familiar and a camel animal companion. I'd like to apply a nephilim template to the character, and would be happy to tweak the template if the DM thinks that it is either unfair or overpowered. The character would have a thing for bones, in a collecting and using them to craft things. The main thing that I'd like to do is have the character not reveal that they are a tibbit but only appear to the party in the cat form. The idea being that the character sneaks away each night to harvest the bones of creatures killed that day by the party.  I am est. and avalible to play nearly every night but I do suffer a time restraint. I leave my home at four in the morning for work so ideally I'd be in bed by seven pm my time, I'd be willing to stay up past that but 8:30 is my absolute cut off time so that I feel decent the next day. I am willing to talk over and show my ideas for the character to any potential GM, making changes accordingly Thank you for your time..
   Your character would have fun in a Dark Sun D&D 3.5e game!  All the gods have been killed off, so Druids receive their divine power from either life by growing it or destruction, sucking life from plants.  Desert Everywhere (camel mount), and Bone is a #1 common means for crafting in the campaign setting.  Regarding your sneaking off to gather bones of the creatures you killed as little pointless, most adventurers don't camp in the place where they killed unless they don't have much other choice, such as a dungeon.  Add a funny quirk about your character that you gather the bones while in your cat form. The party thinks you eat them regardless of size, but your just slipping them into your bag of holding.  It'll be hilarious when a player sees you eat a Tarrasque Femur!  According to the 3.5e DMG, magic items magically fit to adjust for the size of your character.  I.E. bag of holding Type IV is on your cat collar perhaps. Maybe you use an illusion spell on it to make it disappear. I hope you enjoyed my input, I love DMing D&D 3.5e games, but sadly I'm not available during your available times.