Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder sheet + api

Does anyone use the Pathfinder character sheet and yet also use TokenMod?  Or the Damage and Healing script that uses hp and AC in the bars?  I want to know if I can do the scripts that allow me to click on the target and it will roll to hit and then roll damage if it is a success and then adjust the hp total of the victim.  Currently I am using the pathfinder sheet and need to know if it will accept the api's that do this. Anyone successfully use this?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Chris and Vince will have to confirm, but I don't believe the live version of the sheet is setup to accept API input currently. And I don't believe tokenmod is updated to trigger sheet workers. Chatsetattr is setup to trigger them.
What is chatsetattr and where is it found?   So for those of you who use the Pathfinder sheet rather than just listing ABILITIES on the sheet, you don't use the Tokenmod script at all then?  Or you use it for some things and then the others do with ABILITIES section, such as the damage and healing script like I'm talking about?  Can you use the sheet for some things and then the scripts for others without messing things up?

Edited 1485028023
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Tokenmod and  ChatSetAttr  are two different scripts that do two different things. Both are awesome and I use them both in my games.  TokenMod will handle ANYTHING to do with token properties. If there is a token adjustment you want to make from a macro, TokenMod is your script.  So, if you have any linked attributes, you can use TokenMod to adjust the 3 bars and it will also change the values on the character sheet.  Normally, macros can only read attribute data.  They cannot write/change attribute data without the use of the API.  Enter, ChatSetattr.  This script can change and/or add/delete attribute data.  Here's the rub, up until this week the API would not trigger sheet worker events on the sheet.  So, while you could make changes to the sheet's attributes, some of these changes would not affect some of the other attributes until your closed and reopened the sheet.  This kind of defeated the purpose of wanting to use a macro.  So, this week a change has been introduced by Riley that should allow API changes to be recognized by sheet workers as events, same as if triggered by the player directly from the sheet.  We have made the required changes to our beta sheet, but I am still having problems getting the sheet workers to recognize API events... James is also working on API integration and I'm not sure how that's going.  The next version of the sheet released should have these issues worked out. ;-)

Edited 1485028215
Great.  Thank you for the info.  I will be waiting for the updates. Do you guys offer any sort of training sessions on how to integrate all these scripts and the character sheet and make it all work together?  If there is I would certainly be glad to fork over some cash and get a spot.  All the cool toys don't do me a lot of good when I have to spend a part time job on it just to figure out how to use it.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
no , right now I barely understand, since i have been so focused on the sheetworkers (the javascript on the page itself) I had a better handle on things when I was GMing but right now I'm just playing (Which gives me more time to write code! :) ) but in beta i made all the adjustments necessary so anyone that writes an API script can expect the sheet to update properly. We just haven't gotten it working yet. Roll20 just released their side of the code to prod about a week ago, so it is still brand new.  I know James W. and Scott C. are both working on some companion abilities, and ideally we'd combine it all to have 1 companion. We have a list of features we'd like to implement.
Thanks for the update sir.  I'll stay tuned to get more info.