Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Warhammer quest board game

I'm own a copy of this game what is the situation re scanning the board sections and playing with other people on roll20 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Scanning material like that for your own use in a private game with other players does not violate the Code of Conduct for Roll20. Sharing your scanned copies with others, allowing them to avoid purchasing copyrighted material, is piracy and would violate the Code of Conduct of Roll20.
What do you mean by private game. 

Edited 1485084676
Just as Aaron said you can use your material as much as you want in your games.  However don't give your material to other people for use by making illegal copies and distributing them.  If you do then your violating code of conduct & copy right laws.  It's no different then me owning an adenture module and uploading the maps into roll20 for my PCs to enjoy.  I however cannot give them a copy of said material without getting into trouble.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Chris A. said: What do you mean by private game.  A private game is no different than if you packed up your physical copy of the game and took it round to someones house to play. You  are 'hosting' the game with your personal materials which is exactly as the original creators of the game intended. Roll20 is no different, the fact that you might end up playing with strangers is irrelevant as thats just the same as taking your game a local gaming club and inviting everyone there to play with you :) In short, have at it! I recreated HeroQuest with great success!
Great I will start scanning and making game  thanks