Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Playing Complete Homebrew Games

I've been building a Tabletop How to Train Your Dragon game for a few years, everything from armor, weapons and structures to 100+ illustrated dragon stat pages. I've had some setbacks due to hard drive failures, but in the future I want to make a fully-illustrated pdf game. In the meantime i can re-type a workable text file, but would that be usable here? I've only seen this site used once, and I'm a bit rusty overall with DnD, so this'll take some getting used to.
Custom character sheets are a pro feature.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Character sheets are made from HTML/CSS/JavaScript, not PDFs. You could certainly create one (although as Fabian mentions, creating a custom character sheet for your own campaign requires that the campaign creator be a Pro subscriber), of course, but you can't simply upload a PDF and get a pretty character sheet out of it.
Oh, yes the PDF I was taking about would be for later/interpersonal use, something to be emailed to players perhaps and not necessarily with this site. Sadly I am not versed in any form of coding, so that might have to wait. I'm fairly hopeless with anything more advanced than troubleshooting wifi.
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
You can play a home brew game without character sheets. You just use the Attributes and Abilities tab and the Default Roll Template to format it. That should get you off the ground.