Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

New Token Pack - Dwarf Heroes 2!

Vanderforge
Marketplace Creator
Hi everyone! The 2nd set of Dwarf heroes is out now! You can get your copy here, hurry while supplies last*! <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/1401/mal" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/1401/mal</a>... (*Supplies are unlimited) On another note, I have changed my Marketplace name to "Vanderforge", I noticed there's at least another artist named Fernando now and this way I'm able to distinguish my stuff from his and others' in the future. &nbsp;It's also a bit of an attempt to build a brand going forward, plus it's a lot easier to remember "Vanderforge" than "Fernando Dominguez"! Brass Badger totally inspired this move; I've always loved the BBW name and logo! This year I'm hoping to release stuff more often, I'm going to alternate the token pack releases with&nbsp; The Chosen One module chapter releases (Currently working hard on the next installment!); token-wise, I'm thinking undead, skeletons, liches&nbsp;(lichs?&nbsp;lichi?), and similar monsters next so if you have any suggestions or requests please let me know! As always I'm happy to keep in touch with everyone through PMs here, or if social media is more your thing you can follow me on&nbsp; Twitter @fdisk81 ,&nbsp;on&nbsp; Vanderforge's Facebook page , and on&nbsp; Instagram ; I tend to post a lot of previews for future packs on all three, as well as miscellaneous art work, works in progress, and tutorial/walkthrough videos. I hope you guys like this set! The ram horns on the Druid alone were a labor of love! haha Fernando
Great quality and massive variety, I love the set.
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Looking good as usual Fernando!
Gabriel P.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Dwarves are my favorite fantasy race, getting a bit teary with emotion how good these are.&nbsp; I'm not crying you're crying!
sal l.
Marketplace Creator
wow, looks great !
Vanderforge
Marketplace Creator
Gabriel P. said: Dwarves are my favorite fantasy race, getting a bit teary with emotion how good these are.&nbsp; I'm not crying you're crying! There's no dwarven word for "cry", the closest is a word for the sound dwarves make when ale is spilled. Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I'm feeling the love, it's warm and smells like freshly picked berries!
David Hemenway
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Nice work, lots of variety and your colors are always so inviting. FYI: I'm gonna call you "Fernandoforge" from now on.
Vanderforge
Marketplace Creator
David Hemenway said: Nice work, lots of variety and your colors are always so inviting. FYI: I'm gonna call you "Fernandoforge" from now on. Thanks! That implies there's a forge where more of me can be made, and we all know that's not true!...There were too many complaints and liabilities with my model, in fact I'm still in hiding because they want to put me in a landfill next to the E.T. Atari cartridges and pretend I too didn't happen. &nbsp;There you have it, the real reason I had to change my name.
Eric D. Leon
Marketplace Creator
I was wondering about the name change. It all looks good.Those druids are nightmare fuel, so thanks for that.
Vanderforge
Marketplace Creator
Thanks! Gotta represent some edgy characters too, not everyone plays a Lawful Good Paladin LOL We'll see how the name change works out, it's a big of a gamble since people have already known me by my name for 4 years or so, but at the same I'd like to think anyone who follows my work is familiar with the style, the logo at this point, and/or follows me on Social Media and can put two and two together :)
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
Really like how you did the hexagonal framing on the dwarves, well heck, the whole set! Gorgeous!
Dsurion
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I really like this style of tokens, very colorful and a bit more cartoonish
I love that there are two types of tokens; portrait and top-down so one can have a top-down token for the table and a matching portrait for the avatar. This should be the standard for all token sets geared for PCs, IMO. And, portrait or pogs are the Roll20 standard for the table from what I've seen from Volo's. And....Beeeaaaaarrrrds!
Vanderforge
Marketplace Creator
Russ H. said: Really like how you did the hexagonal framing on the dwarves, well heck, the whole set! Gorgeous! Thanks! Dwarves to me are all about sharp angles and straight lines; I avoid doing curved shapes as much as possible; I figured it's kind of cool that if those are used as tokens along with my elves pack that each race has their own unique border :) Doug E. said: I love that there are two types of tokens; portrait and top-down so one can have a top-down token for the table and a matching portrait for the avatar. This should be the standard for all token sets geared for PCs, IMO. And, portrait or pogs are the Roll20 standard for the table from what I've seen from Volo's. And....Beeeaaaaarrrrds! Thanks! That's the idea, I've always liked matching my character's portrait with its token!I agree that portrait tokens or pogs as you put it seem to be more popular than top down ones, that's why I've started including them; but I personally find the top-down ones on a map to be a much more immersive gameplay experience, so I keep prioritizing those and hoping the catch up!
Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Doug E. said: I love that there are two types of tokens; portrait and top-down so one can have a top-down token for the table and a matching portrait for the avatar. This should be the standard for all token sets geared for PCs, IMO. And, portrait or pogs are the Roll20 standard for the table from what I've seen from Volo's. And....Beeeaaaaarrrrds! I can say that I've noticed with WotC releases that they go for the disc token for their products, so it's a good idea for artists to go along with that style and include it in their sets, but to be honest, I like top down tokens way more. They look so much better on detailed maps and really sell the view for them. Furthermore, WotC release the art in the style that it does because that's the art that was drawn for their books, which is OK for many reasons. For starters, they commissioned out to their artists for a book layout image of their monsters, and it would only make sense for them to use this style while merging into Roll20'a marketplace, because it's already available for them. Plus if they included top down tokens specially for Roll20, not only would that take much longer and require them to commission more art for this release, but it would also add new content to only Roll20, where the people purchasing their books would be left out. However, I hardly consider it the industry standard, just because WotC does it. Yeah, sure, they are the Giants of the industry, and they may have some influence on the topic, but for years and years before they merged into Roll20's Marketplace, the standard has clearly been the top down token view made popular by artists such as Devin Night, and in my opinion that style still is, for VTT, the standard. However this set includes both top down and disk "pog" tokens (man, I used to love pogs in the 90s) and that is a smart move to include BOTH of the industry standards, as not only does this match the top down to pog tokens and can be used in a variety of ways, but it also keeps an option open for the end user. If they have a library full of top down tokens from the years past where top down was undoubtedly the standard, this mixes in with their already purchased and used art, but also if the end user is big on picking up the new WotC work as it comes out, then they can use this set to fit right in with those tokens! Either way, great job Vanderforge! This set is amazing, and I'm glad to have it included in my library for my games! Dwarves are my favorite race to play as! Great work, from an artist who's attention to detail sets his OWN standards! Love it! Keep it up, we all need moooore&nbsp;Doooooooorfs!

Edited 1485834276
Vanderforge
Marketplace Creator
Awesome write-up, pretty insightful. &nbsp;Thanks for the feedback! &nbsp;Dwarves are awesome, I've been drawing them for like a year now between the two packs, modules, and other projects and I have yet to get tired of them! They have so much personality, and their aesthetic is very unique and distinct!
nice set
PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hands down, I have to bow before thee. The artwork is superior and outstanding. You are a truly a gifted artist and providing many great peices for adventures. Keep up the great work and look forward to many more Dwarves or other PC races.
Vanderforge
Marketplace Creator
Thanks Ben, and Josh! I'm done with dwarves for now, looking to doing some undead next (After I'm done working on the next chapter of The Chosen One), it's been a while since I've done some baddies :)