Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Release: Inventory cards

Gabriel P.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Does the thrill of inventory managment get your blood flowing?  Does tracking ammunition fill you with glee?  If so I can't relate, but you do you.  for the rest of you I have a set of inventory cards so you can at least look at pretty pictures while you organize your inventory.
These look pretty interesting, but I noticed that there isn't any preview images like there are for maps.  Makes is a bit more difficult to decide/determine if it would fit well in game.
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
That may be a thing at the Roll20 end more than Gabriel.
Agreed, It would be nice to see the artwork. I've really liked Gabriel's work before, but I would like to preview the purchase prior. Like Kevin said I'm guessing its a setup issue, not the artist. This coming from someone that has purchased several of Gabriel's packs.
Gabriel P.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hmm I'll have to see if its possible to get a couple of preview images added to the marketplace listing after the weekend.  I always love that you know about what you're getting with purchases from the marketplace due to the preview.  The new section is still a learning process for me, thanks for the great clear feedback!  Here's a preview till then
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Like we should have doubted the graphic quality of your work Gabriel...
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
How are these intended to be used? 
They look awesome. Seriously, how do you manage that? You're like an awesome-graphic-factory.
Vanderforge
Marketplace Creator
These are amazing; probably my favorite thing you've done to date! I could stare at each of hours!
Gabriel P.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
G G: Though the short answer is however you like here's some suggestions: Ammo Tracking (especially in systems like dungeon world where you rarely need more than a handful of cards for the purpose), graphical representation of loot when it needs to be divvied out, shop inventory if their is a limited selection, or any other time you wish to make a collection of objects something more than a written or oratory list. Arthur B: Clones, I always keep at least 5 of me around.  Sure the clones have turned on and destroyed the "original" several times, but hey does it really matter when we are all alike?
Gabriel P. said: G G: Though the short answer is however you like here's some suggestions: Ammo Tracking (especially in systems like dungeon world where you rarely need more than a handful of cards for the purpose), graphical representation of loot when it needs to be divvied out, shop inventory if their is a limited selection, or any other time you wish to make a collection of objects something more than a written or oratory list. Arthur B: Clones, I always keep at least 5 of me around.  Sure the clones have turned on and destroyed the "original" several times, but hey does it really matter when we are all alike? Don't forget card decks.
These are great but i'm so hardcore into 5E I kinda wish there was a set just devoted to all the equipment of 5E. Buying these always comes off as too random to put into a game for me. On the more relevant side, these are amazing!!
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Gabriel P. said: G G: Though the short answer is however you like here's some suggestions: Ammo Tracking (especially in systems like dungeon world where you rarely need more than a handful of cards for the purpose), graphical representation of loot when it needs to be divvied out, shop inventory if their is a limited selection, or any other time you wish to make a collection of objects something more than a written or oratory list. Arthur B: Clones, I always keep at least 5 of me around.  Sure the clones have turned on and destroyed the "original" several times, but hey does it really matter when we are all alike? Deck of Useful Things anybody?
I bought them, but I have no idea how to use them. Do I still have to upload all the images for each card? And if so where are the images to be recived at after the purchase....

Edited 1486527737
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
In your Game's Settings page (where you change the character sheet, or enable the character vault), scroll down to Game Addons and select it from the list, then click Add to Game.   The deck will show up in your Game's decks section like other decks, pre-populated.
I'm not sure how these are supposed to work. Can players make their own Decks that a DM can see to help them manage their inventory? I've never used the "card" system in Roll20.
The Aaron said: In your Game's Settings page (where you change the character sheet, or enable the character vault), scroll down to Game Addons and select it from the list, then click Add to Game.   The deck will show up in your Game's decks section like other decks, pre-populated. Thanks man! 
These cards look pretty. Since I'm thinking about using decks to represent inventory item I'd like to know if I can manipulate these cards to write just a line of text with the GIMP simply to show the name of the object along with its visual representation. I noticed the deck can be imported into a campaign as an addons. Does it have a special format? Thanks!
Gabriel P.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
The Aaron knows all! Gianmarco V.: Add-ons aren't downloadable.  Its the cost of not having to add all the cards yourself.  Would you be more interested in a set of inventory cards that you could download but would have to load?
Gabriel P. said: Gianmarco V.: Add-ons aren't downloadable.  Its the cost of not having to add all the cards yourself.  Would you be more interested in a set of inventory cards that you could download but would have to load? Both have pros and cons. Your deck contains about 120 cards so probably the process of adding each card one by one would be tedious. The images are clear enough to let players understand which object they represent. Most of the cards are common objects, so further explanations could be referred only to items as magic sticks or the orb, but probably write a page in a journal with the descriptions for that particular objects would be enough. Since this set is quite uncommon and original in the marketplace, have you planned to create other inventory decks in the future?
Gabriel P.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Gianmarco V.: The add-ons are new enough that I don't have a ton planned for them just yet.  I've gotten some very useful feedback already to work with and I certainly had a blast making this set so if it works well enough for people I'd definitely consider it.