Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

"Snap Into Place" Dungeon Tiles

Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Your Dungeon Delving just got a lot deeper with Munky's Endless Dungeons Vol. 3! These Snap Into Place Tiles fit together and can be customized in combinations to keep the party moving on forever... and ever,,, and ever... Included in this set is 176 tiles of different shapes and sizes. Each file name has its function listed and the abbreviated direction for the tile's entrance, followed by the Roll20 unit size intended to make them snap together.&nbsp; <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/1407/mun" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/1407/mun</a>... I plan on making expansions to this set in the near future. If there's any specific pieces you would like to see feel free to drop a line in the chat or PM me! Hope everyone Enjoys!!!
I have this set but have not had the time yet to build anything with it. Been spoiled using pre-built maps at the moment. I would say what is missing that could be added would be transitive tiles. As in finished rooms/corridors to natural caves or even damaged rooms . The stereotypical chasm splitting a room or even a series of rooms. Give the adventurers the chance to use their climbing ability as they can see there is another level above or below them; but they haven't found a way to the other level. Maybe a couple different entrances: either a nice stout portal right in the mountainside leading in, or perhaps a fissure leading to the dungeon. I can add a certain amount of chasms, holes, debris, etc, in the tile set you already made.&nbsp; Transition tiles, from the finished dungeon look to natural caves or damage is a bit harder.
Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thanks for picking this one up, Erich! The support and feedback are both seriously appreciated! I do plan on adding a cave set with transitional pieces that will line right up to these tiles! Damaged tiles is another thing I was thinking of doing something with too! The next set has tons of rooms of various shapes and sizes as well. I will definitely get a chasm into one or more of those tiles too Before I release it! Again, thank you for the feedback!
When I first started on Roll20 I had a very limited library of usable graphics. So most of my dungeons used the same floor pattern, or dark grey, and the walls were thick black or dark brown lines. As time progressed I built a "tool kit" of pieces from various sets I purchased and things I found on the net or scanned in myself. With a lot of patience and working on what to layer on top of what I could build some decent looking maps; but they used a godawful amount of pieces and thankfully dynamic lighting hid the nasty scars for the most part.&nbsp; Personally I like the DIY (Do It Yourself) approach and appreciate artists that give me those nice tools to use. And for the most part the marketplace creators here are responsive. So I like empty rooms and corridors that I can add my own debris, rubble, lights, etc. I like putting my own lanterns, torches, light sources, on the map and lighting them up rather than having them drawn in. Inevitably a player character will grab the light and move on.... for example.&nbsp; The new marketplace setup is nice. This Saturday I was running a Stars without Number game and needed some futuristic room settings and didn't have the luxury of time to build it myself. So I found Space Metropolis by Nicky G, bought it, wrapped it all in Dynamic Lighting, made the changes I needed and explained the plants away as "alien crystals." Fifteen minutes of work while running the game: it was a success. I did the same with David Hemenwey's &nbsp;Abandoned Watchtower a few months ago. Bought it, stocked it, and ran it all during one session. Sometimes you just don't have time for a lot of building. And of course I had to give a dig at David for having doors on his "bare" maps. And he is now accommodated me with new packs that are truly bare as well as the nicely decorated sets. &nbsp; Thanks for making the set. When I build something with it I can share a screen shot with you and let you know how it worked out.
Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Please do! I am a fan of both of those artists too! Nicky G has some amazing work, and David''s one of, if not my biggest inspiration. I've been following his work since before he was on Roll20, and have all but one of his packs, myself! My personal favorite by him was the Hero's Challenge, amazing set, and I have used it in multiple groups now. I definitely understand the call for completely bare and blank maps! They are way more reusable than a pre populated one, but sometimes it's nice to just plug in Dynamic Lighting and go. I try to do both versions as much as I can, with tile sets though, it's pretty much cut and dry. You have to be careful not to go over board with detail because that can result in a repeated shadow or piece of rubble, especially with common tiles like hallways and corners.&nbsp; By the way, I see you mentioned Stars Without Numbers, my Space Munky set was created for a DM I play with that runs that game, he needed a DIY Solar System, so if you are interested in that kind of stuff, check it out! Josh Kurz made a similar set that goes perfectly with mine as well! Thanks for the love! Hope you enjoy all of your sets, I live hearing about them, and thanks again for the feedback!