Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5e Monster Manual broken/incomplete

Edited 1486483794
Jon
Plus
I purchased the Monster Manaul (MM) and skimmed through it this morning. I found a few issues. I tried to drag and drop a beholder token, nothing happened. I tried to create a blank sheet then drag the beholder tab onto it to complete the sheet. This worked, but it was missing actions. Other monsters, like adult dragons, are droppable from the sidebar, but their actions aren't entered into the sheet properly either. A simpler monster like a goblin boss worked fine. Are these known issues or is it simply incomplete at launch? I'm disappointed in any case. I hope it gets addressed soon.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Hi Jon C, I'm sorry to hear you're having issues.  Can you post your findings in the official  5e Monster Manual Bug Thread ?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
What character sheet are you using?
I have found some things incomplete / improper too.  For example, anything in the SRD does not have a token. this includes things like spy and scout.  Many monsters with spells have them listed in their descriptions and not setup as spellcasters. A good example is the orc caster (Orc Eye of Gruumsh).  Manually having to modify the stat blocks of the monsters kinda defeats the purpose. I've got the SKT pack as well and many of the missing tokens are setup in there. You would just think that the monster manual would include the whole monster manual. 
I submitted my post under the  5e Monster Manual Bug Thread . I am using the OGL sheets. I found that nearly all of my problems with the sheet were the result of pre-existing NPC monsters with the same title as monsters from the Monster Manual. Once deleted, the Monster Manual monsters can be dragged and dropped without error.