Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Better Search Options for Games?

I really wish we could sort games through player slots available, date posted, hours GM has played, last updated, recently invited, how many comments are on the invitation forum...It's so frustrating going through these listings because they are either full to burst with responses, have 1 slot open perpetually, or the DM just hasn't responded to any of the applications. I know we have an advanced filter list, but just expanding that would make things so much easier. Expanding this would make it easier to find games that you actually have a chance of joining.
Agreed. It is immensely frustrating to try and find new games, because there is no way to search new games!

Edited 1518484287
I would like search criteria to provide and include or exclude search option. For some examples, exclude games that allow unexperienced players, include games that are pay to play. Sometimes I only want to find games that allow experienced players and sometimes I only want to find games that are pay to play. To rephrase my suggestion, I think that every search criteria should have its reverse in Edition. I agree with the suggestions posted in this thread. I hope my suggestions help to improve this conversation.
I posted this in another thread long ago, but here are my suggestions for improving the search functionality for joining games: Could we please have an option to choose multiple criteria within the combo boxes for audio/visual and language? For example, I have no interest in text-only games, but I do not have the option to include both voice only games and video and voice games in my advanced search. I have to choose one or the other, which elongates the search process. Also, for multilingual players, it might be nice to have the same option for the language combo box. So, for example, if I speak English and French, I can choose both languages and exclude all others. Ideally I would also like to have the ability to set a different range of game times for weekends vs. weekdays. Most people have differing availability between weekdays and weekends.

Edited 1518485365
Perhaps we should collect all the threads of similar topic and post the addresses to the thread that is the most successful and most inclusive to developing a good solution. So far as I've seen I think this is the best thread suggesting better search options. I'd like all other similar threats to be redirected here. Does anyone else agree?
Gold
Forum Champion
Robert said: Perhaps we should collect all the threads of similar topic and post the addresses to the thread that is the most successful and most inclusive to developing a good solution. So far as I've seen I think this is the best thread suggesting better search options. I'd like all other similar threats to be redirected here. Does anyone else agree? Agreed! If the other Suggestions are fitting within this suggestion thread topic, they can be advised to bring +1 votes and Comments together over here. This thread topic is a fine and fitting umbrella title for improving Search options in the "Join a Group" LFG system.
I also wish the time search was a lot more selective. 3 hours in either direction is absurd; most games don't even have 6 hour sessions so why would I want a 6 hour variance in my search? +/-1 hour would make actual sense. If I want a game for 6pm, I want a game for 6pm and will likely expect that game's sessions to last until 9-10pm; giving me games that start at 3pm or 9pm in that means I'm gonna see a lot of games I can't be in because e.g. I don't get home from work until 5 and I go to bed around 10:30. I'd also love to see a hell of a lot more granularity in the game searches. You have each edition of D&D sectioned out but you can't even be bothered to give Old World of Darkness and Chronicles of Darkness their own searches? You can't separate out Mage and Vampire and Changeling? Honestly, if it's a discreet game it should have its own option in the game search.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .