Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Rapier

When you try to drag any of the rapiers from the info list to the char sheet -at least for me,- it doesn't load on the character sheet, and the little drag icon gets stuck on the map or on the page, the only way to clear it would be to close the game and rejoin. Cheers
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Are you able to replicate this issue? If so, could you please list the exact steps required to do so?
I just used longsword and then renamed it rapier with piercing damage.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Are you able to make this issue happen again?
Yea I just tried it again, for 5e, I tried to drag rapier from the info list, and as soon as it got to the highlighted area, the little drag icon just got stuck on the page and on the map when I close my sheet.

Edited 1486682746
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Does this still happen on a newly-created Character?
It works fine for a new character
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!

Edited 1486734538
I have experienced a similar issue in the past regarding dragging from the compendium. I believe that the problem comes from the Compendium results resetting themselves mid-drag. 

Edited 1486734946
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Thanks, Kyle G. If someone is able to determine why the Compendium tab behaves like that, or capture that behaviour in a Console Log (preferably alongside the precise steps required to force the issue), that would be very helpful.
I will say I was able to recreate a similar error by typing in the compendium search mid-drag of an item.
I had a similar issue once or twice, also when dragging from the Compendium. Didn't happen any longer in the last couple of weeks, though. I blamed it on Safari (yes, I know, Chrome and Firefox are the recommended browsers).
I don't know what triggers it, but I have experienced times where dragging anything from the compendium... the button that appears on the mouse can get "stuck" on the website and cannot be removed by any means other than refreshing the page.
Kyle G. said: I have experienced a similar issue in the past regarding dragging from the compendium. I believe that the problem comes from the Compendium results resetting themselves mid-drag.  SkyCaptainXIII said: I don't know what triggers it, but I have experienced times where dragging anything from the compendium... the button that appears on the mouse can get "stuck" on the website and cannot be removed by any means other than refreshing the page. I concur and witness this behavior and a regular basis... spells, weapons etc...
Gid
Roll20 Team
Charles, I was able to do a test with Rapier and was able to get it to generate on the Roll20 5E OGL Character Sheet. Which character sheet are you currently using? If you're using the Roll20 5E OGL CS, are you dragging the weapon into an Item Slot on the "Equipment" section of the sheet? Doing so gets the Rapier added as a rollable attack on the "Attacks & Spellcasting" section of the sheet. You also need to wait until the item field turns yellow which notifies you that its identified an attempt to drag and drop from the Compendium.
Oh it's working now... thanks for the looks though! I will say sometimes if you drag something and you stop for some reason, like you need to reset your mouse movement; the info list will reset and then whatever you have will get stuck on the page like the rapier.