Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Request] Roll comparison for FATE?

I'm in a FATE Accelerated game and I was wondering if there's a script to help out with roll comparisons in that system that also works with the FAE character sheet? I've tried many of the scripts already available on the forums, but they either don't produce the results I need or break when combined with the sheet inline rolls. Basically I need something that can compare the roll result with a target number and print out: Fail (result < target number) Tie (result = target number) Success (result > target number by 1 or 2) Success with style (result > target number by 3 or more) I wouldn't know where to begin making a script like that myself so any help would be appreciated!
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Without an API script, you could do Fail/Tie/Success easily by simply using the cf/cs modifiers. [[{4df+?{Modifier}}cf<?{Target}cs>?{Target}]] should be the correct syntax (untested!) It will mark the roll red (crit fail) if the roll is under your target, green (crit success) if the roll is over your target, and blue (crit fail & crit success) if the roll is equal to your target. You wouldn't be able to get success with style in this fashion, but 3/4 ain't bad. ~_^

Edited 1487026743
Silvyre
Forum Champion
I'd handle this using PowerCards , e.g. !power {{ --name|Roll Comparison --Result|[[ [$Roll|NH] ?{Dice Pool|1}df + ?{Modifiers|0} ]] vs. ?{Target|1} --?? $Roll < ?{Target} ?? Fail| --?? $Roll == ?{Target} ?? Tie| --?? $Roll > ?{Target} AND $Roll < [[?{Target} + 3]] ?? Success| --?? $Roll >= [[?{Target} + 3]] ?? Success With Style| }}