Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[AD&D 2nd Edition (simple sheet)] Sheet Development and Improvements Beta

I have created a new game that anyone is free to join to help improve the Dungeons and Dragons - Advanced 2nd Edition (Simple Sheet) !!!Click Here!!! To join in and provide suggestions, comments, and feedback. Or to just see what's happening and test out the proposed improvements.
Is it like a game, with a DM and players? I'm all for being a player in AD/D 2e, it's the only edition I enjoy
Not exactly, the linked campaign here is solely for the purpose of testing out the proposed changes to the current character sheet. So that players and DM's using it can provide input and feedback on what changes are made and how those changes may affect gameplay. This is all about community visibility and participation so that everyone who uses this character sheet can provide input regarding proposed changes and improvements which may affect their campaigns, and how they and their players interact with the character sheet during game sessions.
Elena, I successfully imported one character (Kaiwood) with the standard sheet, but I would like to import another (Black Elm) with a sheet that contains macros I've built, to see how the templates would look for those.  When I use the import function it indicates success, but the character does not show up in the journal. Am I limited to one import?
I just need to go in and give you access in the journal. I'll take care of it presently. no worries
AquaAlex
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Can you add:  Chance to Learn Spell Check Cleric chance to fail spell check (from other forum) :)
AquaAlex
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Have you thought of improving the multi-class and dual class capabilities of the sheet?

Edited 1487539407
Elena S.
Sheet Author
That's one of the things I am definitely looking into. That is a change that will require existing sheet users to change how their characters are set up, and quite probably break a lot of macros. So it's not something I want to incorporate without being sure that the majority of the community using the sheet wants that to be changed. ** edit** Initially at least I will probably make the character level display with a toggle so that it either shows the basic Class, Level, and Kit fields, and then with the toggle selected it would show the extended dual/multi-class fields.
AquaAlex
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Elena S. said: ** edit** Initially at least I will probably make the character level display with a toggle so that it either shows the basic Class, Level, and Kit fields, and then with the toggle selected it would show the extended dual/multi-class fields. That is proparly the best way to allow current users to use their macros still

Edited 1492745660
The latest Simple Sheet update Announcements mention that the new damage box should be checked for thrown weapons and bows.  It should only be checked for COMPOSITE bows.  Normal bows should fall under the same category as crossbows and firearms in this instance.