Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token name number script

I am using this with the "dots" turned on and "Random Space" = 5.  When I drag a token onto the map it is Goblin2, then Goblin4, then Goblin6, etc. But if I adjust hp for one of them in the Red bar, then it adjusts for all of them. I want my goblins to have more random numbers than simply counting by two and I want to be able to adjust hp independently on them.  Any ideas??
You need to unlink the HP bar on the token and then re-save the token as the default token for the character sheet.

Edited 1487469968
Do you have the bar linked to a character sheet?  If so, you need to unlink it.  Linked bars update the attr on the character sheet and all tokens linked to that character will see the same value.

Edited 1487521422
I don't always unlink bars from character sheets, but when I do, it's because someone tells me how to do it exactly............ (please) Hmmm, I think I unlinked the hp, just by putting "none" in the drop down list by the bar.  However, when I drag my basic goblins onto the page I DO want them to all start with 8 HP.  I just want to be able to edit them separately.  Is that possible?
Drag a Goblin token to the Tabletop. Select the token and click the Gear icon. Set the Values on the bar you use for hit points to be 8 and 8. The dropdown should be None as you figured out. Now click the Save Changes button. Now call up the Goblin character sheet and click Edit. Select the token in the Default Token section. Click Remove and confirm the deletion. Assuming the token you edited earlier is still selected on the Tabletop, click Use Selected Token, then click Save Changes. Now any Goblin you pull to the Tabletop will start with 8 independent hit points.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Here is a wiki page with more details:&nbsp;<a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Linking_Tokens_to_Journals" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Linking_Tokens_to_Journals</a>
perfect Rabulias. &nbsp;That was totally detailed and specific, yet profoundly useful. &nbsp;I get it 100%. &nbsp;Awesome! &nbsp;I appreciate you taking the time to do that. &nbsp;I won't ask that question again. &nbsp; &nbsp;(At least until I sleep and wipe my hard drive) :-)