Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Mass Rolling with Advantage Macro (5e)

You have 8 Kobolds attacking the same creature, Kobolds have pack tactics so each one of them has advantage on their attack (roll 2d20s take the highest result). Has anyone figured out an easy to use macro that could handle this? For attacks without advantage I already have: "/r {?{Amount}d20+?{Bonus}}>?{Difficulty|0}"
You need to use the kh1 function to show advantage. Check the dice reference in the wiki  here /roll {2d20}kh1
I'm aware of that, I am looking for one where it will kh1 for several seperate attacks (ie: so I can just click 1 button and have it prompt for how many attacks with advantage I want to make).
That's much more tricky as the math gets weird when you add multiple dice. So the only way to do it properly is to create a special die to use with a rollable table.  Take a look  here at the way advantage/disadvantage rolls pans out with one d20.  I went ahead and made a rollable table with those probabilities and named it d20A for advantage and d20D for disadvantage. I then and made a macro to do a multi attack comparison against an AC [[ {?{Number of Attackers}?{Advantage/Disadvantage|Normal,d20|Advantage,t[d20A]|Disadvantage,t[d20D]} + ?{To hit modifiers +|8}}>[[@{target|ac}]] ]] That will spit out the number of hits vs an AC for regular attack, with advantage and with disadvantage. 
MechanicalFerret said: I'm aware of that, I am looking for one where it will kh1 for several seperate attacks (ie: so I can just click 1 button and have it prompt for how many attacks with advantage I want to make). That kind of query/macro simply isn't possible without a pro subscription and an api script written to do so. PowerCards can handle that easily if you decide to upgrade.
Ed S. said: That's much more tricky as the math gets weird when you add multiple dice. So the only way to do it properly is to create a special die to use with a rollable table.  Take a look  here at the way advantage/disadvantage rolls pans out with one d20.  I went ahead and made a rollable table with those probabilities and named it d20A for advantage and d20D for disadvantage. I then and made a macro to do a multi attack comparison against an AC [[ {?{Number of Attackers}?{Advantage/Disadvantage|Normal,d20|Advantage,t[d20A]|Disadvantage,t[d20D]} + ?{To hit modifiers +|8}}>[[@{target|ac}]] ]] That will spit out the number of hits vs an AC for regular attack, with advantage and with disadvantage.  Sorry for going dark a bit there but this does infact work except with one slight downside. Roll20's roll tables can only weight with whole numbers it seems so I kind of fudged it with weights of: 1 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 7 7 8 8 9 9 9. That shouldn't sway the final result too much in the grand scheme of things and is way better than rolling separately. Thank you for the help.
You can just multiply the fractions up to whole numbers. The total in a table doesn't need to add up to 100 or anything.
Ah good point, I misread the tooltip on weights as it says "as long as it adds up to 100" but its refering to how you can think of weights as percentages, but its not necessarily a hard rule. Thanks again, really helped.