Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro and custom variable

I was wondering if it was possible to store some rolls into temporary variables. I'll explain myself... In a game with my friend, we have to roll dice to see if we hit, at the force we hit and the damage of the weapon and if I hit I add the 3 numbers and it's the damage. So now, I want to make a macro that makes 2 rolls in one macro, Imakean Agi roll, then a starring roll and I want to add it to the roll of my weapon... So I was wondering if I could roll my age and store the temporary value, for example ''A''. That way I could make a roll to add A+B+ (my weapon damage roll) I know it's a strange request, but thank you anyway for helping.
Nope. Not without writing an api script to handle all that... but it requires a pro subscription.
Ok thanks anyways :)
I'm not sure I understand your request completely, but one workaround for what I think you're asking is to set the success condition as a critical success. Always display the damage, and if you hit outline it as green. As a simple example, imagine you hit on 11 or more on a d20, and if you hit you add 3 to get the total damage. [[ 1d20cs>11cf<10 + 3 ]] If the result is outlined in green, it's a hit; if it's red, it's a miss. This is just a simple example. You can get more complicated by adding or comparing to attributes, for instance. Here's the same ability for a character rolling against an attribute called Attack and adding a Damage Bonus attribute: [[ 1d20cs>@{Attack}cf<@{Attack} + @{Damage Bonus} ]] And if the targets you're rolling against are themselves rolled, you can make them inline rolls inside the inline roll. And so on. Dunno if this is what you were looking for.