Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to Organize long campaigns

I'm trying to prepare an adventure path, thats basically a super long campaign. But... I'll have over a hundred maps stored in the archive, four times that many monster sheets and well you get the picture. How do I keep such a large project organized when I can't put the maps into folders? Recommendations?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
I'd probably use separate Games as 'folders' to store Pages that I would bring into (and move out of) the Game via the Transmogrifier. Same for Characters, etc.
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
1) Break it into Chapters/Volumes and then into Mission/Quests. (It also gives you easy points to drop in replacement PCs if someone has to drop out) 2) Make each Chapter/Volume a new game, you don't need to Transmogrify anything but the Party then. 3) Have a bunch of summary documents for yourself to keep track of what you are doing, where and when. 4) Track the Party Level you expect to have at the end of each Mission/Quest.
Hmm can't Transmogrify decks, so... I think I'll go with Silvre's suggestion. Thanks!
Oh I can transmogrify decks so... I'll try Andrew's suggestion.
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Silvyre's is Build a placeholder, swap in and out the missions keeping the placeholder small. Mine is Build it like a series of books, move the party through the books. its about the same really. Just stylistic.
Andrew (Halfling Gypsy) said: 1) Break it into Chapters/Volumes and then into Mission/Quests. (It also gives you easy points to drop in replacement PCs if someone has to drop out) 2) Make each Chapter/Volume a new game, you don't need to Transmogrify anything but the Party then. 3) Have a bunch of summary documents for yourself to keep track of what you are doing, where and when. 4) Track the Party Level you expect to have at the end of each Mission/Quest. 5) Create a campaign with all the stuff players might need wherever they are in the cycle.  Basic info on the game world etc.  Make the journal publically visible.  I like the other suggestion - except the amount of stuff to transmogrify is too much that route!
Reminder:  The number of Characters you keep in a game can affect game performance.  So use the transmogrifier to move the monster characters in and out as needed.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Three of Swords said: Reminder:  The number of Characters you keep in a game can affect game performance.  So use the transmogrifier to move the monster characters in and out as needed. Or use the character vault.