Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Finding Memory leaks & other minor issues

Is there a website or program set up to locate all those tiny errors one could leave in a character sheet (or any html object)?  Such as when two things have the same name, lines that aren't closed, missing <tr> or <td> tag, and so on? I know that there is at least one program that finds missing closing tags, I am looking for something that does what all the experts in the forums do: find those simple things I mess up.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Detecting two elements with the same name wouldn't necessarily be useful; you want  radio buttons to have the same name (that's how you form a radio button group), and other elements with the same name on a Roll20 character sheet lets you do various kinds of magic. Most Lint-style programs may get mad at you simply for not having a full webpage, but you can try out  Tidy or  HTML Lint . If you just want to make an ugly file easier to read, you can also look at  Dirty Markup .
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Magik has made a couple of js scripts that can be inserted into the browser console that check for deprecated attributes and some other "things"... with the ability to fix the issues it detects.  This is a custom snippet that's geared to the PF sheet.  I suppose something similar could be written for any sheet, but I have no clue as to what it would entail.  You might want to PM  Magik ...