Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Why does the 3D dice roller not work properly?

I love the 3D dice rolling concept, it looks great, but when i for example attack it adds one dice too many. Lets say i attack with a dagger, thats 1d20+1d6. but it shows 1d20+2d6 with the exact same number rolled on the d6's. With my ocd, i just cannot use it cause that is wrong, which is a shame cause i really like it. can you please help me fix it? :) Suggestion bonus: can you please make an extra page on the character sheet for animal companions or familiars :)
Are you using a character sheet with roll templates? Cause if so, it is auto-rolling crit damage if you need it.
argh there was the cultprit thank you very much :) but i do like to roll for attack and damage on same click, is there a way to auto roll damage but not crit?

Edited 1487775462
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
The easiest way is to make your own macro for that attack and not use the sheet button. The next way is to get the games creator, if you are not, to run a custom sheet (this requires the creator to be a pro subscriber and it would then be a global effect that affects everyone in the game) for the game. The game creator would have to then edit the sheet to reflect the desired change. I think there might be an API script that can do this also but again that is a pro subscription feature. There might be other options but those are the first two I had thought of off the top of my head.

Edited 1487777440
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This will probably require a custom ability, as Pat mentioned but is certainly doable. What sheet are you using? could put an API command button in the macro to roll for damage: [Critical](!
[[1d6]]) Could make the resulting CRIT roll fancier with embedded roll templates, but that's the basic idea. Depending on what sheet you're using, you might be able to put this in place of the critical damage and have the button only show up when you score a crit.
thank you very much for your suggestions :) im definelty going to try out the macro thingymagic