Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Savage Worlds] Savage Worlds Tabbed Question

Edited 1487783387
Great sheet, love it to death, but does anyone know if there is a way to add something like ?{Modifier|0} to the skill rolls and something like {raise|no,0|yes,1d6!!} to the damage rolls? The skill mods in the sheet are great for static bonuses (say +2 to notice rolls all the time), but with variable mods on character skills (mostly the negatives associated with various things in combat), I'm trying to stream line the time the players spend in the sheet changing blocks and clicking boxes. The raise box especially is one where, it may get left clicked on by accident, and would be better served by hitting the damage of a given spell or weapon and being prompted with whether or not you got a raise. This sheet is about 500% better than the previous ones, and I can't express how much I love it, but I see the same mistakes over and over from players and 50% of wasted time in combat is changing non-static mods (especially adding negatives to the rolls) on combat skills and ensuring the raise is rolled. Depending on player literacy with roll 20 (which varies drastically) these can add up to a lot of dead time as a guy/gal figures out what to roll next to fix a borked roll. The only other thing I can think is to somehow build buttons for the hot skills (fighting, shooting, casting mainly) for each player that points at their sheet that prompts for mods, then rolls back off the sheet, to save time opening the sheet in combat, but I'm still working that out. Not sure if its possible.
So, just in case folks have similar questions and because I often find answers in strange places in the forums. It is seems easy to move the output of a button in the sheet to a button on the bar, just roll off the sheet and press the up arrow key to get the data you need. This can help speed up the amount of time players spend opening and closing the sheet. I still haven't come up with an easy way to add ?{Modifier|0} to any of the outputs for skill rolls off this specific sheet, it seems to call to some tables I can't see in the attributes tab, but the Wiki for this particular sheet is also in depth and so I keep digging up new things in there.  The ?{raise|no,0|yes,1d6!!}} argument can be bypassed with two macros per weapon. This is the first time in the over 2 years we've used this site I've dug down into automating things, with every macro I build to roll off an NPC token, I am more and more impressed with the sheet designers. If anyone happens to figure out how to add a modifier input to a skill roll that points back at this sheet, please feel free to post here for posterity :) I'll keep expanding my limited macroing skills until I find the answer and post it here if I do. Cheers!
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
So, I've made a few changes that need to make it to the wiki, but I keep waiting because I'm planning a bigger change at some point (not a very good excuse, I realize). One of the changes made was to make the dmgmod field a text input field.  This would then allow you to add 1d6! as the dmg modifier to roll the extra d6 for a raise.  I also link the ttmod and dmgmod fields to the character token bubbles, so all I need to do is put the modifiers in those fields without having to open the sheet; one weird oddity with using the dmgmod field in this way is if you type 1d6! in the bubble it will look like 16, but still roll the d6 appropriately. Otherwise, to modify things the way you're suggesting would really require custom macro/abilities be created.  The sheet should provide most of the code necessary to accomplish this, to make it easier.  For example, directly from the character sheet for Ranged Weapon Damage: &{template:soliddamage} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{weapon=@{repeating_rangeweapons_$0_RWeaponType}}} {{damage_type=@{repeating_rangeweapons_$0_NoDmgDice}@{repeating_rangeweapons_$0_RDmgType}+@{repeating_rangeweapons_$0_RDmgMod}}} {{damage=[[@{repeating_rangeweapons_$0_NoDmgDice}@{repeating_rangeweapons_$0_RDmgType} + @{repeating_rangeweapons_$0_RDmgMod}[Weapon Damage] + @{dmgmod}[Damage Modifier] + 1d@{repeating_rangeweapons_$0_RDmgRaise}[Bonus Damage]]]}} {{raise=@{repeating_rangeweapons_$0_RDmgRaise}}} {{dmgmod=@{dmgmod}}} NOTE: I added the $ in front of all the 0s, but the next update (coming soon to support Rifts and Rippers) should have that corrected. Now, to make it do what you want with raises, it would just need to be modified a little: &{template:soliddamage} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{weapon=@{repeating_rangeweapons_0_RWeaponType}}} {{damage_type=@{repeating_rangeweapons_0_NoDmgDice}@{repeating_rangeweapons_0_RDmgType}+@{repeating_rangeweapons_0_RDmgMod}}} {{damage=[[@{repeating_rangeweapons_0_NoDmgDice}@{repeating_rangeweapons_0_RDmgType} + @{repeating_rangeweapons_0_RDmgMod}[Weapon Damage] + @{dmgmod}[Damage Modifier] + 1d ?{Apply Raise Bonus|No,0|Yes,6!} [Bonus Damage]]]}} {{raise= ?{Apply Raise Bonus|No,0|Yes,6!} }} {{dmgmod=@{dmgmod}}} I hope this helps a little...
I appreciate your response! I had some luck this morning with raises, though in a more brute force effort, I will go look at the macros again when I get home and look at what you said. The hardest, slowest part of savage worlds combat online is modifying those skill rolls on the fly. IRL, guys at a table throw dice and do the math themselves, which is actually how we did it for a couple years on here before we switched to your sheet. I have a couple guys who would prefer to never open their character sheet, similar to how I run all the NPCs with @selected macros on the tokens and simple skills. When I recreate those for them though, they lose the best part of your sheet, which is applying wounds and encumbrance (I love that feature, my gun hogging buddy has finally met his match!) and stuff like that. I'm going to dig back into your wiki page and see if I can better understand these macros, So far I can get a mod field to pop up when you execute the skill button, but it won't add it in, has to be an order of operations thing somewhere in there. I'll keep plugging away, there are some great resources on that wiki and we look forward to the Rifts update, I just found the setting to turn on strain this morning, which is a big deal, so love the functionality of your sheet. Cheers.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Yeah, I think the field you're going to be most interested in is ttmod, which applies a modifier to all Trait rolls (Attribute and Skill).  That's why I attach ttmod to the token's bubble (bar 1, I think) and dmgmod (which applies a modifier to all the damage rolls), and I attach that to the token's bubble (bar 2, I think).  That way, if I need to add a modifier to any of my rolls, I just update the bubble, and it's already part of the button roll from the sheet. If you'd like to see what I'm talking about, let me know and I can invite you to a test game so you can see it in action.

Edited 1488238525
Interesting. I'll jump in here and take a look at one of my games. I was messing around with it on lunch from work, but it wasn't modding the rolls at all, but the connection is garbage from there, and one of my players sits behind me in clear LOS of my screen so I have to be discrete. That sounds like it would be a pretty good way to handle it, and would solve the quick change problem for on the fly adjustments. Edit: Logged in and I see the drop down next to each bubble and you can put the TTMOD in that, and it changes the bubble to an input field. Brilliant. That works aces. Thanks for your help! 
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Yep. And you can do the same thing dmgmod which is the same as ttmod, except for damage.