Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e OGL] AC not displaying properly for NPCs

I am using the 5e OGL character sheet template. When I select the "ac" option to display on one of the object bars, it does not display the number written into the Armor Class section of the NPC sheet. Instead, it calculates 10 plus the NPC's Dex bonus, and displays that as the AC. Attached is an image of an example.
Try linking it to npc_ac. You have an NPC sheet there. 
Ed S. said: Try linking it to npc_ac. You have an NPC sheet there.  Would you look at that... thank you. It didn't occur to me that NPCs would have a different entry... the HP option works for all sheets
FYI for npcs it's actually best to leave the bubbles un-linked because if you change the bubble on one token it will change the sheet and all other tokens linked to that sheet. 
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ed S. said: FYI for npcs it's actually best to leave the bubbles un-linked because if you change the bubble on one token it will change the sheet and all other tokens linked to that sheet.&nbsp; Although it is a necessary step in the setting up mooks workflow, or at least is easier than writing it in yourself. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Linking_Tokens_to_Journals" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Linking_Tokens_to_Journals</a>
Ed S. said: FYI for npcs it's actually best to leave the bubbles un-linked because if you change the bubble on one token it will change the sheet and all other tokens linked to that sheet.&nbsp; is that also the case with HP?
Robert D. said: Ed S. said: FYI for npcs it's actually best to leave the bubbles un-linked because if you change the bubble on one token it will change the sheet and all other tokens linked to that sheet.&nbsp; is that also the case with HP? Yes. You almost never want to link HP on an NPC sheet unless they are unique (an important NPC, boss, etc). With mooks, you generally want to unlink all bars after setting up the default token.