Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Character Sheet Duplicate

Hello, I've seen several folks have issues with a duplicate character sheet appearing in their games. This has happened to me this evening. When I edit one, the other is updated. I'm fearful to delete it, as it will probably delete both of them. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks!
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Did you try reloading + emptying the cache ?  (Ctrl + F5)
Yes, to no effect. :/
Have you tried to add the character to the Character Vault and retrieve it in another game? If that does not work, you can copy the entire game and try deleting one of the sheets in the "test" game to see if it would work. If it deletes both of them, I would recommend posting on the Bug Forum and maybe one of the devs can fix it on the backend. Otherwise, you can build the character sheet again from scratch, as follows: Delete your test game from above, and make another copy of the game. Delete the character sheet from the Original Game and create a new journal entry for the character. Open the Copied Game in another browser ( e.g. , Firefox for one, Chrome for the other) and call up the character sheet you wish to duplicate. This way you can switch between the two games. Manually copy the info between the character, or use copy-and-paste. It is tedious and time-consuming, but can be done as a last resort.
I've seen sheets duplicated in list too, but if I try and open 'both' I find it is the same sheet, simply listed twice.  Usually scrolling the list so this entry is off screen and back clears it.
I managed to fix it. I added it to the Character Vault like Rabulias recommended. I then re-added after clearing the character from the list. Problem solved!