Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Linking monster action (rat - bite for the start scenario) to macro bar

How do i add this macro ? Iv'e tried everything and for some reason i do not understand the wiki. It doesnt show up as the slick bite window i get when clicking in the giant rat sheet.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Are you dragging the button from the character sheet to the macro bar?  (did you enable displaying the macro bar?)
Wow. I am dumb as bolts. Thanks a lot :) When I have your attention (and before looking) Is there a macro i can add to players and monsters for intiative to get it into a bar for easy initiative ?

Edited 1487875701
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
That roll button dragging is a bit obscure, I wouldn't worry about not knowing about it. &nbsp;I should probably try and make it clearer in the wiki. Regarding initiative, it kind of depends on your system. &nbsp;I'll assume you know the formula for initiative you like, sub it in for the bold part below: @{selected|token_name} rolls [[ @ {selected|dex_mod}+1d20 &{tracker} ]] for initiative. The &{tracker} causes it to add the selected token to the turn tracker with the result of the roll as it's value. &nbsp;You can use @{selected|character_name} if the token is tied to a character. &nbsp;Using @{selected} works well because you have to select a token to roll into the initiative anyway. See:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Dice_Reference#Roll_To_Ini" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Dice_Reference#Roll_To_Ini</a>...
One more thing Aaron, the macro created on a "community" bar ? How do i make it so its individual depending on mobs
You can make macros unique for characters by specifying them as an ability instead of a global macro. For more information, see&nbsp; here .
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Aside from Kyle's suggestion about using Abilities instead of Macros, the @{selected} and @{target} attribute selectors allow you to make it relevant to a specific token (or token's represented character).
Thanks for the replies, i will try this stuff tomorrow:)
If you're using the D&D 5e OGL Sheet... you can paste %{selected|npc_init} into a macro named NPC Initiative on your collections tab and add that macro to your macrobar at the bottom of the screen. Then you just have to select token you want to roll initiative for and click that macro. This only works for tokens which represent/are linked to a character sheet. Such as what you get when you drag a token from the compendium to the map.

Edited 1488485291
SkyCaptainXIII said: If you're using the D&D 5e OGL Sheet... you can paste %{selected|npc_init} into a macro named NPC Initiative on your collections tab and add that macro to your macrobar at the bottom of the screen. Then you just have to select token you want to roll initiative for and click that macro. This only works for tokens which represent/are linked to a character sheet. Such as what you get when you drag a token from the compendium to the map. I had to hopp inn and test all of this, and this worked perfectly! Thanks :) Now all i have to figure out is how to get an individual macrobar. Still can't figure it out. Not sure if im clear enough or just incredibly dense, but when i click "Giant Rat" i get a seperate (or the global one changes?) so that i can only see the abilities(actions, like bite for giant rat) of the selected creature. Is this at all possible ?