Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

1d3 for acid splash and other spells?

How would i make a macro to roll 1d3? tried just puting in /roll 1d3 and got no-were. If its not possible, oh well...
what's your use case? is there a roll before hand or do you just need a d3 roll? if so [[1D3]] would suffice.

Edited 1487941626
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
The "/roll 1d3" has to be at the beginning of any macro created and not anywhere else. The [[1d3]] is the inline version of the roll command and can be placed anywhere in a macro so you could write a simple macro "/me attacks with acid and does [[1d3]] splash damage". If you are looking for more information on macro creating look in our wiki  here and if you need more specialized rolls, you can find  Dice reference material on the wiki also.
Apparently i typed something in wrong, last time i tried it told me there was not a 1d3 so i tried again by copying Pat's macro and it worked. Robert thank you as well.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
You are welcomed and as your question has been answered, I will close this thread. If you have more questions please feel free to post a new thread.