Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Recursive tables (!rt), roll templates and whispers - I'm stumped.

I've got a bit of a specific ask here: is there a way to /w gm a recursive table (!rt) macro while maintaining the default roll template format? Example: Here's a functioning macro leveraging the recursive tables and the default roll template. Works great. Random tables link up and the output is nice and clean. Great for me to copy+paste out of chat and into the GM layer in a text box. However, it's open broadcast so it's not ideal for all situations. If I include a "/w gm" command, it is not respected within the !rt and the macro functions the same. Boo. Note: "/w gm !rt" errors out. The less than ideal solution I'm using now is to ditch the roll templates for the recursive table gm whisper. It functions, but it results in a difficult to read wall of text.   Does anybody have a crafty solution to my very particular problem? Thank you for your help.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
This is a problem Scott has fixed in Recursive Tables and I have yet to finish releasing.  It's next on my list to get out the door.  Sorry for the delay. =(
Thanks for the quick response! No need to apologize; RT has been a godsend for my unhealthy fascination with random tables. I'll happily make due for now. 
You could put yourself in /talktomyself mode and then it won't show up in the chat for anyone else.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
note that /talktomyself doesn't fire API commands though
aah ok, well then
Has this been fixed yet?  I've got a different problem, but it may be related.  I'm trying to whisper a recursive table in a roll template (5e-shaped), but the rolls are not parsing.  I've used the<%%91%%> and <%%93%%> replacements for the brackets (I'm doing this in an Excel spreadsheet with concatenation), but the output looks like this: The macro I'm using is here: /w GM &{template:5e-shaped} {{title=Random Encounters}} {{roll1=[[1d6cs<1cf>2]] }} {{roll2=[[1t[?{Table?|Daytime-Encounters|Nighttime-Encounters|Marsh-Encounters|Laughing-Hollow-Encounters|MistyWoodEncounter|HighMoorEncounter}] ]] }} Here's an example of one of the tables: Thanks for any help you can offer. EDIT:  I see my problem - no !rt in my macro!  Whoops.  However, when trying it with the roll template, I see it's still having issues.  I tried using just text as in the OP, but then my roll to determine if there is an encounter ([[1d6cs<1cf>2]]) also gets parsed, and there's no critical success or failure formatting.  Any way around that? 2nd EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out that I can put the check on one line in the macro, then the table call with !rt on a second line, and both parse properly, although they'd look prettier in a template.  However, it's perfectly functional for now.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I'm working on this script right now, hope to have a new version out today that fixes the rolltemplate issue (Thanks Scott C.) at a minimum, and possibly provides better performance and more functionality.
The Aaron said: I'm working on this script right now, hope to have a new version out today that fixes the rolltemplate issue (Thanks Scott C.) at a minimum, and possibly provides better performance and more functionality. Any chance of getting a powercard output option? :D  You can send directly to the script. :)
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Actually, it should just work to do: !rt !power --name|[[1t[buildname]]] etc...
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
And I pushed the update: &nbsp;<a href="https://github.com/shdwjk/Roll20API/blob/master/RecursiveTable/RecursiveTable.js" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/shdwjk/Roll20API/blob/master/RecursiveTable/RecursiveTable.js</a>
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
New version thread:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4954818/script-update-recursivetables-now-with-direct-support-for-whispering-roll-templates-and-more" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4954818/script-update-recursivetables-now-with-direct-support-for-whispering-roll-templates-and-more</a>