Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[Meta] Since there's no other place to put this...

Edited 1487961909
I've recently noticed an overwhelming amount of unlabeled threads, and even game ads, from players looking for a DM, rather than the other way around. A shocking majority of them are also incredibly rude and demanding, from "you need to accept me and my entire group of friends without vetting us" to "you need to include this obscure splatbook or else". Aside from the fact that I'd be absolutely shocked if that even worked (Does it? I'm genuinely curious), as someone wanting to find games that a DM has grown from a spark of their own creativity, without anyone pressing them into it or demanding things along the way, it's irritating to come across so many ads and posts that pretend to be games when they're really just some guy who didn't want to take the effort to look around with his angry little list of demands, and a couple effortless posts by other people saying "let me know when you find 'em" in (what I like to think is) the most sarcastic way imaginable. In short, we need some way to filter out DM/GM beggars on the game postings. Or, better yet, if I just described you, stop . Thank you.

Edited 1487964275
The roll20 community has grown a lot.  So far I have had very negative experiences, but those are growing.  The issue is that people are looking at RollPlay show, CriticalRoll, and other high-level content creators with a certain approach to presentation and engagement techniques.  It is normal to link certain styles and not like others but people place high standards of roleplay, creation, acting and other qualities upon mostly new or DMs/GMs. This leads to a certain dampening effect on your creativity and passion when people in your group are constantly unhappy and looking for something better or different.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Players posting for GMs is a valid form of forming a group.  For your filtering suggestions, we offer the Suggestions & Ideas forum, which is based on voting from the whole community. Please review our Forum Voting wiki page for more information on how voting works, and our Suggestions & Ideas Posting Guidelines for the added expectations above and beyond our standard Code of Conduct . As this is a suggestion thread outside the designated forum, the thread will be closed.