Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[D&D 5e OGL] Custom Attacks do not work.

So we're using the OGL sheet for 5e. Using the SRD we add a longbow. That works fine. Then I, the DM, tries to add a modified attack for sharpshooter. But something is wrong with the attack and it doesn't fire. The attack from the automatically added longbow works fine. It can also be modified without issue. But when I try to add another attack it doesn't work. Even if we copy exactly the longbow attack from the automatically added attack that copied version does not work. So what I've tried is: Give him a new character sheet. Toggle attack on and off in the little checkbox. When I do this the attack doesn't come back unless I switch to another attack stat, at which point that stat can't be changed again but remains regardless of what I change. Switch to a different attack stat, like con (which actually works but it doesn't add or accept any modification, I also can't switch to any other attack stat). Copy, line for line, attacks that do work. Ensure I, the DM, also have editing rights to the sheet (which I do anyway, but just in case). I could write a macro, but I don't want to have to write a macro when it should work. We're using the latest version of the OGL sheet. Any ideas? Again, other attacks that are automatically added by the sheet work. Making my own does not. I also just realized I can't make custom attacks for any of the players.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Have you swapped sheets in this game? Say from shaped or the community? Swapping sheets can cause some very weird macro behavior because duplicate attributes confuse the sheet as to what it should use.