Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

GM Overlay Opacity

It may be just me but it appears that the GM overlay is at least partially transparent. While this is probably fine for a lot of stuff I want to mark up a map with significant locations and I only want to reveal these locations to my players as they discover them. It seems like the best way to do this is to number the locations on the GM layer and then move these numbers to the tokens layer as my PCs discover the locations. The problem is that no matter what colour I use these map markings are impossible to see when they're on the GM layer because they seem to be transparent and blend into my background map (which is in grey scale). Maybe some kind of control of the opacity or saturation on the GM layer is in order?
I expected that the "GM opacity" slider on the "page settings" pop-up would adjust this, but I tried it just now and it doesn't seem to.
That was my first thought too, but I guess it's for the fog of war instead.
Yeah, I'm the first to admit that I'm often guilty of overlooking the obvious but I did fiddle with that and didn't seem to get the required result.