Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

GMing help?

I won't be doing this right away, but I'd really like to GM in the future after I'm involved with a few more games, and already have some ideas. I'm not quite sure where to put this, but this is the closest forum that isn't archived I can find for this question.  I just wanna know what some of the most important things to remember GMing would be, and if there's any tips I should write down and remember while creating my campaign. I have the GM handbook already, but that's a lot of information to sort through and I'm sure some might be more pressing than others are. I know I'll likely run a game that's less hack and slash and more role playing and story themed, geared towards rogues and sneaky characters. I'm making my own land but using the usual D&D creatures and rules, if with a few tweaks. Any suggestions or advice for me to keep in mind?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
From the Roll20 Community Code of Conduct : The Roll20 Forums exist to discuss topics directly related to the use of the Roll20 program. Anything that more fittingly could be discussed on another website SHOULD be discussed there. Here are some good places to discuss this topic: /r/rpg /r/dnd /r/dndnext /r/ADND